Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same issue with my 2019 Peugeot E2008 (Electric Traction System Fault). 5 other cars within our peugeotclub had the same issue. Mine has been in the garage for 6 weeks now and they have no idea on what is the root cause. By the way, we all imported our cars from China to the Dominican Republic so there is no support from the local Peugeot dealership :cry: nor have repair manual. We are now looking for support from other countries. In the meantime, the local garage recommended disassembling the high voltage battery which will cost a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks, just came across this forum regarding the Electric Traction system fault. I've had my e2008 for only 3 weeks. Brand new and this error appeared today when I was parked. Drove it home. Called up and Peugeot sent out RAC to look it over. Was looked over, driven and it completely lost all power when the gent was driving it. It also now displays gearbox failure aswell and the car is sitting parked about a 10 minute walk from where I live. Absolutely unacceptable for a brand new car. After reading others comments about it happening while driving and coming to a halt etc... Not sure I have faith in this car anymore, quite scary. Also it's only 3 weeks old. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks, just came across this forum regarding the Electric Traction system fault. I've had my e2008 for only 3 weeks. Brand new and this error appeared today when I was parked. Drove it home. Called up and Peugeot sent out RAC to look it over. Was looked over, driven and it completely lost all power when the gent was driving it. It also now displays gearbox failure aswell and the car is sitting parked about a 10 minute walk from where I live. Absolutely unacceptable for a brand new car. After reading others comments about it happening while driving and coming to a halt etc... Not sure I have faith in this car anymore, quite scary. Also it's only 3 weeks old. Unbelievable.
Have a look at the Consumer Rights Act 1985 for information but basicalky it states you can reject the car within 6 months of buying it, if you believe it's faultly & ask for a full refund (depending on the deal you made if you traded in another car). If you bought your car through finance, technically they own it until you've paid it off so it will be them that you contact to reject it. I'm in the process of doing this now but my case is a bit more complicated as after car loosing power & came to a halt a third party vehicle hit the rear of my car. Finance company have been very helpful, dealer complete opposite. Also contact Peugeot Customer Service they will help with recovery of your car & can arrange for it to be taken to a dealer to be 'looked at'. Hope this helps & Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a look at the Consumer Rights Act 1985 for information but basicalky it states you can reject the car within 6 months of buying it, if you believe it's faultly & ask for a full refund (depending on the deal you made if you traded in another car). If you bought your car through finance, technically they own it until you've paid it off so it will be them that you contact to reject it. I'm in the process of doing this now but my case is a bit more complicated as after car loosing power & came to a halt a third party vehicle hit the rear of my car. Finance company have been very helpful, dealer complete opposite. Also contact Peugeot Customer Service they will help with recovery of your car & can arrange for it to be taken to a dealer to be 'looked at'. Hope this helps & Good Luck.

Hi thanks for the reply, sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds scary. Luckily ours was parked up when it happened first. RAC are coming to take it to a local garage today but I'm honestly thinking about just rejecting the car and looking at something else as after reading whats happened to yourself, and it happening to us (thankfully not same circumstance) Just don't feel safe about driving it at all. It is just under a month old and a major fault should not be happening already. As you said finance company been great with me too and have said I'm well within my rights to reject it etc.. I was going to wait on it being fixed but have lost complete faith in it. So annoying as we had been looking at this car for a while and absolutely love driving it. Our first electric car too 😔

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply, sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds scary. Luckily ours was parked up when it happened first. RAC are coming to take it to a local garage today but I'm honestly thinking about just rejecting the car and looking at something else as after reading whats happened to yourself, and it happening to us (thankfully not same circumstance) Just don't feel safe about driving it at all. It is just under a month old and a major fault should not be happening already. As you said finance company been great with me too and have said I'm well within my rights to reject it etc.. I was going to wait on it being fixed but have lost complete faith in it. So annoying as we had been looking at this car for a while and absolutely love driving it. Our first electric car too 😔
Ours came up with the amber light after only 1700 miles. The garage has had it for over a month now and after many lies we now know they cannot offer a date to replace the battery. Seeking a full refund now. 🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ours came up with the amber light after only 1700 miles. The garage has had it for over a month now and after many lies we now know they cannot offer a date to replace the battery. Seeking a full refund now. 🤬🤬🤬
It's a nightmare. Thankfully we got ours sorted. No thanks to Peugeot though they were of no help whatsoever. Our lease company sorted it all for us thankfully. I did get a brand new replacement e2008 and my monthly payments lowered so I hope it doesn't happen to this one 🙏🏼 Our car that developed the fault is still sitting in the garage just now. When I went to collect the rest of my things from it I tried to start it and it still didn't work. Although the garage informed us they got it to start again after updating the system but went a test drive and the fault happened again after 5 minutes 🤷🏻 I hope you get your refund sorted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately, I've not been so lucky with finance company - they've just replied saying (quote) 'Your complaint against (finance Co) will now be closed' despite a Safety Incident Ticket being raised by Peugeot & the Battery Software update that was issued in July 2021 not being carried out on the vehicle whilst it was with the dealer before we bought it from them & despite investigations still to be carried out by Peugeot!! They have said (quote) 'As this moment in time, there is no evidence to suggest that the vehicle was faulty at point of sale'!!! They've also said (quote) ' the vehicle now does not start and due to (dealer) never seeing this fault before and Peugeot have not either, they raised a safety incident ticket'!! I mean am I missing something here?? I actually can't understand how they can say the car wasn't faulty. Totally at my wits end 😡🤬😭

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have e208 in Japan and searching this problem.
In Japan the number of stop is increasing recently and I'm afraid to stop.

In Europe does this clear problem what cause it?
In Japanese dealer they only said that related air-con (compressor or oil).
But reading this forum, it seems to have many complex reasons.

So is this;"Electric Traction Fault" solved problem in Europe?
Or does some knowing the precursors to stop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have e208 in Japan and searching this problem.
In Japan the number of stop is increasing recently and I'm afraid to stop.

In Europe does this clear problem what cause it?
In Japanese dealer they only said that related air-con (compressor or oil).
But reading this forum, it seems to have many complex reasons.

So is this;"Electric Traction Fault" solved problem in Europe?
Or does some knowing the precursors to stop?
does anyone know the difference in firmware from Europe to Japan. Uk have ccs and Japan has chademo and type 1. has anyone suffered this just after or during charging?

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anyone know the difference in firmware from Europe to Japan. Uk have ccs and Japan has chademo and type 1. has anyone suffered this just after or during charging?
thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure about firmware difference. (it might be important.)

I heard that in Europe if you charge 100% using Rapid it may cause this stop (is this correct information?).
But in Japan, Chademo will stop 30min automatically. so I didn't know the one try to 100% using Chademo.

Also, I didn't know people who stoped this after or during charging. People who suffered are while driving.
Off course the Dealer got campaign and recalled in some cars. (which is program update or changed onboard charger.)
However, even the car which got campaign and recalled got stopped again.

So I was asking is there solved problem in Europe?
I mean new car (2022 model) will not stopped because they figure out why,
or it's still continues problem but the number of stopped is decreasing and people didn't care because the ICE car might have same (I mean stop by some porblem)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

Update. You'll never believe this. My replacement e2008 has just came up with the exact same fault tonight when driving home from work. The car hasn't cut out yet but I won't be giving it the chance to. It's getting handed back and we are wiping out hands with Peugeot. There's obviously a known fault with these and some sort of recall needs to happen. Should have just wrnt with my instinct and went elsewhere after it happening the first time. 1st new car, 3 weeks old - error - breaks down completely and stops working. 2nd e2008 - fault appeared and I know the same thing is going to happen. Shocking stuff. Peugeot themselves actually don't even care. I actually had to send a Tweet to the CEO of my lease company to get my fault dealt with the first time.😡

21 - 32 of 32 Posts