Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my e208 GT since feb and put 6k miles on it. however first it started when you put it in park, sometimes it will vibrate the car and make a machanical vibrating noise, but when you release park and engage it again it stoppes. this happens at random but is getting worse.
yesterday i had a fault come on the dash and the EML light come on saying "Electric traction system fault: repair the vehicle" and the satnav directs to dealers.
the light comes on after a minute or so and when it does, i put the car in drive and it acts engaged but still says P, and you rev it and the power bar goes up and then stops (only does this once just after light comes on)
as well the car when accelerating and decelerating it makes noises i can only describe as like a dog clicker or wires being put together making sparks
also since light is on, when you emergancy stop the hazards do not come on anymore.
im taking it to peugeot on jul 10th, just want to know, is it still ok to drive. given all the detail i can think of right now.

·
3,515 Posts
I would 'email' the dealer and get 'drivable' conformation,put the question to them and should something untoward happens you will have their 'ok' to drive it...

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
With a car design this new & this description of fault you would think Peugeot would immediately arrange recovery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
The same thing happened to me at only 400km on dash under one week since I got the car from dealer. strong vibration sometime when you put the car in Parking mode and clicking noise when you touch the accelerator pedal while driving. No errors yet on the dashboard and I am awaiting for service appointment. how do you fixed it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also had the e208 GT since Feb 2020 and am experiencing similar issues. It's got about 4.5k miles on it now.

There have been three occasions when I have gone to start the car and an engine fault as appeared stating 'Electric traction system fault: stop vehicle, see onboard documents' has popped up and it has not been possible for me to either put the car into drive and drive it, or turn the car off. I have had to leave the car on, lock it with the manual key and come back to it hours later when the fault seems to resolve itself and it is driveable again. This has happened three times now, one in early June and twice in the last two weeks. The car went to the Peugeot garage the first two times, and it clearly hasn't fixed the problem as it happened again today. I have booked the car in a week on Friday for diagnostics again, but am losing faith in Peugeot's ability to fix the problem at all.

I have noticed some unusual clicking sounds when putting the car in my garage to charge, but these are the only times I don't have the radio on and I put the windows down to check I don't hit anything on my way in, so it could be making it more frequently than I have noticed.

It's very frustrating as it has made the car feel unreliable, which is a big disappointment considering the large price tag.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello,
The same thing happened to me at only 400km on dash under one week since I got the car from dealer. strong vibration sometime when you put the car in Parking mode and clicking noise when you touch the accelerator pedal while driving. No errors yet on the dashboard and I am awaiting for service appointment. how do you fixed it?
I had this issue with the vibrations when I put it in park mode. Took it out of park in to either D or R (can't remember which) then put it in P again and no vibrations.

Will see if it happens again 😩

Matt

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Really nice to see Peugeot has thoroughly tested this new electric vehicle power train before releasing it for sale 🙄

Anyone checked on the Vauxhall forum for similar issues reported with the new electric Corsa seeing as its the same car underneath?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this issue with the vibrations when I put it in park mode. Took it out of park in to either D or R (can't remember which) then put it in P again and no vibrations.

Will see if it happens again 😩

Matt
I went to service and they did not know what is the problem and also they tried to convince me that is normal. Something like you can hear a lot of new things because the car has no ICE but I asked them to address this issue to Peugeot France and then come back to me with a genuine answer. Otherwise, I will call my laywer.
The vibration did not occur but sometime when I press the P (parking button) with pedal brake pressed, it will jerk a little and also followed by a short vibration. I am sure that all three issues (clicking noise, continuous and short vibration) are related to transmission part. For the first time, this morning I heard in speaker's radio a sparkling sound for a few seconds which worried me exactly how Tom described in the first post here. And the car has only 1000 kilometers on clock atm.

definately a bad design and/or not enough tested...

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have had my e208 GT since feb and put 6k miles on it. however first it started when you put it in park, sometimes it will vibrate the car and make a machanical vibrating noise, but when you release park and engage it again it stoppes. this happens at random but is getting worse.
yesterday i had a fault come on the dash and the EML light come on saying "Electric traction system fault: repair the vehicle" and the satnav directs to dealers.
the light comes on after a minute or so and when it does, i put the car in drive and it acts engaged but still says P, and you rev it and the power bar goes up and then stops (only does this once just after light comes on)
as well the car when accelerating and decelerating it makes noises i can only describe as like a dog clicker or wires being put together making sparks
also since light is on, when you emergancy stop the hazards do not come on anymore.
im taking it to peugeot on jul 10th, just want to know, is it still ok to drive. given all the detail i can think of right now.
Any resolution of this issue please Tom?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This temporary fix worked for us - our two separate warning instances (1 week & about 50 road miles apart) each disappeared once the car had been switched off for a while (we didn't disconnect the 12V battery). But still unacceptable of course. Awaiting further news from our dealer who has had the car for a couple of weeks now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Slightly alarmed that 'a lot of people' are having to do this... particularly since what happened to us was a complete loss of power whilst driving....the latest update for us is that the brand new car is getting a brand new motor.....

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Im sure you won't be the last early adopter of a e208 that ends up with a new traction motor.

I can see either a TSB or recall campaign incoming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really nice to see Peugeot has thoroughly tested this new electric vehicle power train before releasing it for sale 🙄

Anyone checked on the Vauxhall forum for similar issues reported with the new electric Corsa seeing as its the same car underneath?
Hi,
Opel Corsa-E from Romania here.
2500 km so far and all problems listed here happened to me too, including the electric traction system fault (ETSF).
Went to several Opel dealers and none had the ability to fix anything except erasing some errors, blaming Opel Romania for the lack of software, which, in turn, blames Opel Germany.
If anyone is interested, I have like a dozen of faults printed by the dealer electrician - I will scan it later...
In addition to these faults, after a short charge at a high speed station (sort of high speed considering I charged with 22kW DC), I could not start the car anymore: the READY green text would not appear on the dashboard anymore while the relays would click like crazy. Fix was the same as for the ETSF: get out, lock it, debate with the wife my technical abilities/knowledge, unlock it, and start normally.
I know I'm an early adopter, I know there are no more then 10-15 Opel Corsa-e sold in my country so far, but I'm not just gonna do nothing about it. Let's get together and put some pressure on them (PSA group).
Regards,
Julian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Opel Corsa-E from Romania here.
2500 km so far and all problems listed here happened to me too, including the electric traction system fault (ETSF).
Went to several Opel dealers and none had the ability to fix anything except erasing some errors, blaming Opel Romania for the lack of software, which, in turn, blames Opel Germany.
If anyone is interested, I have like a dozen of faults printed by the dealer electrician - I will scan it later...
In addition to these faults, after a short charge at a high speed station (sort of high speed considering I charged with 22kW DC), I could not start the car anymore: the READY green text would not appear on the dashboard anymore while the relays would click like crazy. Fix was the same as for the ETSF: get out, lock it, debate with the wife my technical abilities/knowledge, unlock it, and start normally.
I know I'm an early adopter, I know there are no more then 10-15 Opel Corsa-e sold in my country so far, but I'm not just gonna do nothing about it. Let's get together and put some pressure on them (PSA group).
Regards,
Julian
do you have the production date?

we are collecting all the dates of the cars that give this error. My e2008 was manufactured on 05/27/2020

1 - 20 of 36 Posts