Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Got new e208 on Monday with 1 mile on clock. Tuesday evening whilst driving "electric traction system fault". Complete loss of power and coasted to stop (quite quickly). Recurred with RAC. Towed to dealership who have experienced the same event in the car and await instructions from Peugeot HQ. Any similar experiences?

Registered
Got our e208 in June and had 1000 trouble-free miles but then two red "electric traction system fault" flags within 50 miles (on separate days). In each case the car drove quite normally (we had to drive on a bit to find a safe place to stop). Both faults disappeared after around 15 minutes with the car switched off. First dealer session (after the first time) returned the car to us "no fault found". After the second event we called Peugeot Assistance and its back with the dealer now, though they haven't yet managed to reproduce the fault and they're awaiting input from Peugeot Technical. Hope its resolved soon 'cos its a lovely car and we're missing it!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. Dealer followed Peugeot advice initially to reset and try again ....I'm pleased that it did the same thing again. So they now await further guidance from Peugeot. I'll update when I get more info. Good luck with yours! Agree it's a great car (when working!)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
An update if interested: the dealership tell me that Peugeot have identified a part to be replaced. They're not sure quite what it is yet but apparently it's quite expensive. I'll update when I know more....

Premium Member
Whats the betting there's been a cock up at the factory - i can see a TSB or recall campaign incoming.

Registered
We have our car back, having got a fix after three attempts by Peugeot and the dealership! The red Traction Fault alerts were due to undervoltage on the 12V bus - the 12V battery was not being charged properly. The traction ECUs draw their power from the 12V bus and if its too low they shut down. The cure (we hope!) has been the replacement of the inverter module (which charges the 12V battery from the 400V traction battery) and the 12V battery protection switch. Three things other owners might want to bear in mind:-

1. Our Traction Fault incidents occurred at approx. 1000 mile intervals (the first two were 50 miles apart with ~1000 miles on the clock, and the third was ~1000 miles later). Suggests that 1000 miles is as far as the car can go on a full 12V battery charge before the ECUs complain.

2. Our car gave consistently optimistic range predictions compared to the loan car we were given (which had done a similar overall mileage). Ours always suggested >200 mile range capability versus about 180 miles on the loan car. Since we've had our car back the range prediction is more like 190 miles. Perhaps the non-charging of the 12V system resulted in more range - if so, beware optimistic predictions! Mind you, our car seems to have had new software loaded so it may be that the range prediction algorithm has been modified.

3. Our car occasionally used to immediately re-enable the charge cycle when trying to unplug after a full charge at home so the the plug remained locked. Even though the traction battery was at 100% the car would carry on charging for another 15 minutes. Perhaps the car was recognising that the 12V battery was still not charged. The car has not done this at all since we had it back with the new modules.

We're hopeful that we can relax and enjoy the car now, but we won't be 100% sure until we've racked up another couple of thousand miles.

Registered
Hi,

I鈥檝e just had the 鈥楨lectric Traction System Fault鈥 on my e2008 (basically the same car as the e208) and it turns out that there is a recall that has been published for the 鈥楾raction System Charger鈥.

More details about this fault on my e2008, and how the issue was resolved, can be found via the link below to my post on the e2008 discussion board:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts