Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
my turbo (1.6 petrol turbo) gets pretty hot too, never seen it glow though. turbos do naturally get hot especially when you thrash them. if its still got good power and isnt making any strange noises i wouldnt worry too much.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
That's not really for me and the Mrs hates that haha. It made me go for the recirculation valve.

I fitted it today and I'm pretty sure I have done it all correctly as per instructions but have a couple of questions.

It still comes up with depollution system faulty. Will I have to go to a garage to get them to clear the codes or does that mean that I still have a problem?

I also noticed that my turbo was glowing red hot after I took it out. I did give it a fair thrashing and it is dark so easy to see the glow but I have never noticed that before. Should I be worried? Car was running well and went like a rocket though.
nah that's good it got nice and hot! shows its working! lol

u may need to go to a garage to clear the fault, normally if its showing as permanent fault on the diagnostic it tends to need cleared via diagnostics OR could be the turbo pressure electro valve under the inlet manifold but seeing the state of the BOV u had, would like to think ur sorted now and just need code cleared.

excellent news car is running well!

one bit of advice for u though with the forge recirc valve, there is a service kit available for it, only 15 quid or so, worth doing every 10k miles or couple of years keep it in top condition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It was a permanent fault as far as I know so I will have to get that cleared, hopefully it'll be all good then. If it is the turbo electro pressure valve the diverted valve still needed doing so it's all good.

Yeah I'll make sure I keep on top of it and get the service kit. Thanks for all the help, I would've been lost without all the input so cheers. Hopefully that's the end of my issues, at least for now haha.

·
9,665 Posts
Don't rush to get codes cleared, most system will clear fault if it does not reoccur after 3-5 driving cycles (cycle defined as cold start up to normal operating temp with normal driving pattern).

·
Registered
125 Posts
p0299

Hi
I have a Peugeot 207 GTI 07 reg, all was good until recently where I was getting the exact same issue with lack of power and car lost the boost power completely.

I got a diagnostic tool from ebay which showed code P0299. When I clear the code all goes back to normal but when I boost with 5th gear over 90 miles management light was coming up and lack of power was happening again.
I changed the the divertor valve with a GFB DV+ which improved the issuse but still when I boost a bit more I still get the management light on. I then changed the GFB DV+ to a Blow off valve but no change to the symptoms.
Unfortunately I am really a novice, so I am not sure what to do next. Maybe is a fault of the Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve? Worth mentioning that I had the car remapped (stage 1) but that was after the management light started to come up.

Please can someone cast some light?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hi
I have a Peugeot 207 GTI 07 reg, all was good until recently where I was getting the exact same issue with lack of power and car lost the boost power completely.

I got a diagnostic tool from ebay which showed code P0299. When I clear the code all goes back to normal but when I boost with 5th gear over 90 miles management light was coming up and lack of power was happening again.
I changed the the divertor valve with a GFB DV+ which improved the issuse but still when I boost a bit more I still get the management light on. I then changed the GFB DV+ to a Blow off valve but no change to the symptoms.
Unfortunately I am really a novice, so I am not sure what to do next. Maybe is a fault of the Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve? Worth mentioning that I had the car remapped (stage 1) but that was after the management light started to come up.

Please can someone cast some light?

Cheers
very common code for the THP engine, normally either the BOV or the turbo pressure electro valve under the inlet manifold that's at fault.

who mapped your gti?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I live close to runcorn, some guys called archmotors. To be honest I am quite pleased with the remap, I have noticed remarkable difference (not in economy though! lol)
As the BOV is new do you think I should change the electrovalve?

Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
yeh wont do any harm changing the electrovalve, very common issue like I say above.

strange how ur fuel economy is down, good tuner will increase the economy, but unfortunately lots of people offering remaps out there don't really know how to do the THP engine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Po299

I think its my driving that ruins the economy....not the remap...If I drive sensibly it gives me about 300 miles/ per full tank. I drive on M56 from Runcorn to South Manchester daily.

Do you happen to know the part number of the electrovalve or any good place to order one? Also a friend said that it may be an issue with the turbo actuator. Is it worth changing that at the same time?

By the way these are the diagnostic results when the management light comes up:
PO299 Turbocharger/ Supercharger underboost
FUELSYS1 CL
FUELSYS2 N/A
LOAD_PCT(%) 68.2
ETC (oC) 84
SHRTFT1 (%) -14.1
LONGFT1 (%) 1.6
MAP (kPa) 138
RPM (/min) 4688
VSS (km/h) 156
FRP (kPa) 11650.0

Thanks again for your help
:)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
"If I drive sensibly it gives me about 300 miles/ per full tank. I drive on M56 from Runcorn to South Manchester daily. "

am running over 280bhp on my gti and get 400 miles per full tank......

nah ur best bet is Peugeot dealer, its a pig to change though, part number should be 01922V6 and be around 60 quid for it.

on the plus point, your LTFT there is showing good figures so ur timing and fuel pump are in decent condition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks a lot. If drive long distances ,say Manchester to London, can get up to 450 miles/ tank. It may probably be the daily bad traffic on the motorway during rush hours that burn lots (start/stop) My local dealers are not the greatest so not keen to go there. Probably will go the guys that did the remap, as they do turbo servicing as well.

I tried to google the part you advised (01922V6), It doesn't bring anything up. May I ask for a link to buy online?

How about the actuator, any benefit in changing it?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
nothing to do with the actuator.

the suspect areas are the bov and the electrovalve, that's from Peugeot TSB.

no online links no, just bite bullet and order from dealer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Before changing the electrovalve, I will check the HP fuel pump. I get the code of P0087 last few days and that seems to cause the turbo underboost in high revs (P0299 error code). I suspect that the HP pump can not cope well with high demand. I get some sluttering when engine is cold first 5-10 min in the morning which give the code P0087 (not every day). If I erase the code after 10 mins, car runs fine for rest of the day. I suspect its the HP f.p. as its a common issues with these engines.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just realised kinda communicating on 2 different threads here lol too much beer on holiday !! Tbh might be worth doing the electro valve when car goes to dealers as u got it there.

U know how to check the standard bov ??

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not really I dont. I looked for brakes and cracks and checked the plastic bit to be intact and the solenoid and they look fine. The bov I put is new (10 days old) and its very simple from aluminium I think

21 - 40 of 79 Posts