Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
13,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Brief update to this.

If anyone would like a really easy way to install Diagbox 9 directly, then PSA-DIAG have released a simple tool that does everything:

It still requires activation, donations are requested.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,458 Posts
And this version will work without any hassle? And is it a full working patched version? I am considering this option, because i may not have a good enough laptop to run Vmware smoothly.
If you're referring to the first post than, Yes and yes, edit the VM and put more processors cores (default was 1 or 2, I put 8 or 12 cores at it) to it to make it run faster and a little bit more ram.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi folks. With the help of RedSector I've bought a Lexia Diagbox PP2000 whatchamacallit and currently installing ALL the updates one at a time. I've been on 10 hours so far :O

I'm curious however, as i saw another post suggesting my van was on the cusp of a changeover and may become a headache. 2015 Peugeot Expert. So far I've connected it to the van on v7.02 but it's barely functional. I can't read any ECU's but managed a BSI test. No faults showing at all and only history is back to 25k km's.........it's got 180k miles on it! I feel like I'm wasting my time on this now untill i can try again in the morn with all the updates.

Can anyone confirm what I need? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brief update to this.

If anyone would like a really easy way to install Diagbox 9 directly, then PSA-DIAG have released a simple tool that does everything:

Hi will that mean i can install i directly on my laptop and it will be activated and fully functioning?
No need for running wmware images and so on? This seem to maybe be a very easy solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're referring to the first post than, Yes and yes, edit the VM and put more processors cores (default was 1 or 2, I put 8 or 12 cores at it) to it to make it run faster and a little bit more ram.
I am very sorry, i was trying to refer to Gibbos post number #21, and didnt press the reply button, so the question could bed read incorrectly.
But many thanks for the very quick reply, i have corrected it now.
Thank you again for the support.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,458 Posts
Hi will that mean i can install i directly on my laptop and it will be activated and fully functioning?
Most of what you're asking is explained in the Link from the original posting. I'm unsure why you think VM is more taxing than any other piece of software on your computer. If it can't run a VM not doubt will struggle with this just as efficiently.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Howdy folks. I've intalled Win XP on my old Laptop, an Acer Aspire 7730. It was originally running Vista. It's a Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2ghz 800mhz with 2.86GB Ram( 4GB total). I can use Diagbox V 7.62, but looking to upgrade and try V9. Problem I'm having initially is the VM won't install. Win32 application error.

It my Laptop too old for this bad boy?

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is borderline, technically 2.2ghz Dual Core was needed, with Intel-VT-x turned on in the BIOS, you can try VMware Player 7.0 and see if it will install, successfully.
Ok, cheers Red. I'm considering installing win7 on it instead and start over with v9. Failing that I may pinch my partners laptop which is an i3 SSD with 6gb ram. She doesn't need it lol. The

·
13,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
8Gb with an SSD should be OK. I'm running V9 (non VM version) on an old 2Ghz core2duo,

The new PSA DIAG installer will light up green if your laptop meets the specs, red if not (see my pic above).

There's a new Diagbox 9 PSA-DIAG INSTALLER guide coming next week

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brief update to this.

I've installed this toolbox, and after diagbox ver 9.143 on a laptop with win 10, 4gb ram.
And it worked in the first try, no complications:).

I would just say thank you very very very much for a superb suggestion

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,458 Posts
Yeah, I can't say 100% this change over date, there will be always be one or more vehicles to make a lair out of you. If you need to use PP2000 and not DIgabox then you may need all the useless crap that comes with non AER version.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
thank you, that indeed was on my list and I almost bought it. 'till @RedSector said something about this one few posts before.

aer link

and confused me
I had a look at your link and I think what may be confusing you is that it opens on a page that display the standard Lexia3. You need to click on the box I outlined in red to see the AER unit. I know of two people who have the AER unit. Redsector is happy with his but another user broke his the first time he used it. In some cars the AER unit sticks out of the OBD connector in a position where it is easy to knock it. The other owner of the AER unit hit it with his leg getting out of the car and broke the connector.
Product Font Material property Software Technology

21 - 40 of 46 Posts