Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
Not being up to date with computing as I retired many years ago I’m having trouble understanding the VM installation.
You need this software https://www.vmware.com/au/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html

If you're new to using Virtual Machine (VM) images, please make sure you have turned on virtualisation (VM instruction sets) in the bios of the computer. Intel CPU called virtualisation and AMD CPU it's called SVM. Apple Mac by default normally on and some BIOS default is on, but more often this is turned off. Use a search engine, if you need to find it in your specific BIOS, they are all different, but typically it is located in CPU sections as related to instructions for virtualisation being turned on.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
Can you explain the difference between hardware it is possible to buy?
AER is the latest, and is the same as Lexia 3 full chip and perhaps is best suited to newer vehicles. (it is what I use on my 4007, 2013)
Lexia 3 full chip is minimum specification you ideally want, 12pcs JAPAN NEC Relays+ 7pcs OPTOCOUPLERS (it can run more testing functions than cheaper models)

The older the vehicle, the more likely you will need additional cables offered. I don't know exact cross-over dates or models, just that they are legacy.
I have never used anything below Lexia 3 specification, so don't know much about it.

Hope this is helpful.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
And this version will work without any hassle? And is it a full working patched version? I am considering this option, because i may not have a good enough laptop to run Vmware smoothly.
If you're referring to the first post than, Yes and yes, edit the VM and put more processors cores (default was 1 or 2, I put 8 or 12 cores at it) to it to make it run faster and a little bit more ram.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
Hi will that mean i can install i directly on my laptop and it will be activated and fully functioning?
Most of what you're asking is explained in the Link from the original posting. I'm unsure why you think VM is more taxing than any other piece of software on your computer. If it can't run a VM not doubt will struggle with this just as efficiently.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
Yeah, I can't say 100% this change over date, there will be always be one or more vehicles to make a lair out of you. If you need to use PP2000 and not DIgabox then you may need all the useless crap that comes with non AER version.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
the other owner of the AER unit hit it with his leg getting out of the car and broke the connector.
On mine, the OBD2 is so low down, that could not happen, not discounting the experience, but the same could happen with anything connected and you hit it with your leg. I broke a cup holder that way once, and I didn't blame the cup holder, the issue was all me.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
Core Duo were a mixed bag for VT, while the CPU chipsets generally had support for this (and at 2.2 Ghz is officially when), not all BIOS had the ability to turn it on (desktops generally did). You might want to check if you have the latest BIOS for the laptop installed.

You may also want to check it has been turned on in window features, been ages since I used Windows 7 that wasn't in VM.
How to Enable Intel VT-x in Your Computer’s BIOS or UEFI Firmware (howtogeek.com)

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
You would need to use the latest version of applications, 32bit was dropped completely (technically it is run in virtualisation, if at all), once 64bit architecture went mainstream, which was quite a while ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts