Peugeot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

· Registered
1,868 Posts
I have Diagbox 9.68 (aka Fantomel's version) installed and there is one problem with it. The virtual image is nonpersistent which means if you change anything it reverts back next time you use it. This means you cannot add a pdf printer. This may sound unimportant but I have found printed diagbox diagnostic results are far more useful when helping people on the forum than screen shots. This is because the printed results include all the hidden detail which normally requires a second click of the mouse to access.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have Diagbox 9.68 (aka Fantomel's version) installed and there is one problem with it. The virtual image is nonpersistent which means if you change anything it reverts back next time you use it. This means you cannot add a pdf printer. This may sound unimportant but I have found printed diagbox diagnostic results are far more useful when helping people on the forum than screen shots. This is because the printed results include all the hidden detail which normally requires a second click of the mouse to access.
thanks for the tip... thankfully I hope I will not need the vm... installed .143 on real metal let us hope for the cable.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
the other owner of the AER unit hit it with his leg getting out of the car and broke the connector.
On mine, the OBD2 is so low down, that could not happen, not discounting the experience, but the same could happen with anything connected and you hit it with your leg. I broke a cup holder that way once, and I didn't blame the cup holder, the issue was all me.

· Registered
1,868 Posts
On mine, the OBD2 is so low down, that could not happen, not discounting the experience, but the same could happen with anything connected and you hit it with your leg. I broke a cup holder that way once, and I didn't blame the cup holder, the issue was all me.
Here are some photos of the scanner in place and the damaged connector. If it had been a standard full chip set Lexia 3 with the long cable to the OBD port the connector would unlikely to be hit and the cable could easily be kept out of the way.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wheel

Automotive lighting Traffic light Rectangle Audio equipment Gadget

13,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thread on the physical (direct) install of Diagbox 9 now done:

· Registered
139 Posts
Hi all. Please help. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

I actually managed today to get v7.76 working on my Core2Duo Acer Aspire 7730 with 4gb ram running XP 32bit. I was able to see parameters and real time monitoring etc. Great I thought. Even managed to see a pending fault code. P.....didn't log it or screen shot-but it was to do with fuel pressure or Regulator.

Anyway, in my excitement, I've decided to try v9 and installed Win7 64bit instead. I have the files as mentioned but the VMware player won't install. Not compatible with my CPU. Managed to find v12.5 but now trying to loadDiagbox v9.68 it says 'The virtual machine is confg'd for 64bit guest OS. however, 64bit operation is not possible. The Host does not support VT.x

There's FAr Far too much pre-requisite info required to get this working. I've been at this 6 hrs today.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

· Registered
1,868 Posts
I don't actually know, but I have installed Win7 ultimate 64bit and it's working fine, so guess it's a 64bit. I'm not really sure how old it is, maybe 2009,10,11??

But I have No Option in the Bios.
It does sound like it's a 64 bit machine but you may be on the right track regarding the bios setting. You often have to adjust the bios setting to allow the virtual machine to run but not all machines allow you to do this.

· Registered
139 Posts
Have you looked on VMware Community. - This Host does not support VT-X
I've looked all over so far, but all I can gather is that I must have VT-X to run 64bit VM OS.

So, my next question is can i make anyhting work using Win7 64 bit? Can I instal Win7 32 bit? Is there a 32bit VM V9?

I don't know enough about it all to ask the relevant questions lol......

· Registered
1,868 Posts
I've looked all over so far, but all I can gather is that I must have VT-X to run 64bit VM OS.

So, my next question is can i make anyhting work using Win7 64 bit? Can I instal Win7 32 bit? Is there a 32bit VM V9?

I don't know enough about it all to ask the relevant questions lol......
If you are trying to install Diagbox 9.68 (aka Fantomel's version) it is configured for VMware 12 so will not run on VMware 9 which I think is the last version of VMware that would run on a 32 bit operating system.

In item #21 Gibbo has given details of a direct install of Diagbox 9. That may be the solution to your problem. It requires activation but when I checked a couple of days ago it was just a matter of requesting a code from the site. All they request is a donation.

· Registered
139 Posts
If you are trying to install Diagbox 9.68 (aka Fantomel's version) it is configured for VMware 12 so will not run on VMware 9 which I think is the last version of VMware that would run on a 32 bit operating system.

In item #21 Gibbo has given details of a direct install of Diagbox 9. That may be the solution to your problem. It requires activation but when I checked a couple of days ago it was just a matter of requesting a code from the site. All they request is a donation.
I see....OK, I'll install it and hope for the best. If all else fails can I go back to v7.76 as for all intents and purpose,,,,it worked. I just thought there would be more bells and whistles in v9

Thanks

· Registered
1,868 Posts
I see....OK, I'll install it and hope for the best. If all else fails can I go back to v7.76 as for all intents and purpose,,,,it worked. I just thought there would be more bells and whistles in v9

Thanks
I've a 2015 Jan 16 euro 5 expert 2.0hdi 130bhp btw
The only reason to use Diagbox V9 over V7 is that V7 only covers cars up to around 2014. Over the years PSA have made Diagbox more restrictive and for many function you now need access to the PSA server. The last version of Diabox without restrictions was 7.76. There is a good chance it will work on your VAN but you may find it's too old and will not support some equipment.

The idea situation is to have V7.76 and V9 which you can with a virtual machine. I did a bit more research and I see VT-X is the thing you need to turn on in the BIOS. I take it you have tried continuous re-pressing of F2 during boot to access the bios.

· Registered
139 Posts
The only reason to use Diagbox V9 over V7 is that V7 only covers cars up to around 2014. Over the years PSA have made Diagbox more restrictive and for many function you now need access to the PSA server. The last version of Diabox without restrictions was 7.76. There is a good chance it will work on your VAN but you may find it's too old and will not support some equipment.

The idea situation is to have V7.76 and V9 which you can with a virtual machine. I did a bit more research and I see VT-X is the thing you need to turn on in the BIOS. I take it you have tried continuous re-pressing of F2 during boot to access the bios.
Yeah i know my way arond a BIOs but there's nothing in there. Strange to have so little function. It's a relatively decent spec otherwise with a 17" screen. Shame, it's simply too old or just poorly spec'd

I mean it does work despite it being a 2015 registered in Jan 2016.

It can't hurt to try a full install. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Yeah i know my way arond a BIOs but there's nothing in there. Strange to have so little function. It's a relatively decent spec otherwise with a 17" screen. Shame, it's simply too old or just poorly spec'd
I found this document https://tim.id.au/laptops/acer/aspire 7730 7730g.pdf and my reading of it the laptop should support virtual machines. See page 35 VT support under Power - Advanced ECU settings. An odd place for it.

· Registered
139 Posts
41 - 60 of 105 Posts