Peugeot Forums banner

2201 - 2216 of 2216 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cheers for that. I was thinking after I’d posted that this could be the case.

What would be the best firmware to install, with his current version being 2015.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I installed what I think is the last update for the SMEG, which is SMEG5.43.A.R2, dated 19/09/17.
Just be warned, some have had problems installing the SMEG updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the latest SMEG update include a change to the bluetooth version?
I'm running SMEG5.4.B.R8 with bluetooth 1.2.0, but for the past week or so been experiencing a problem where the whole touchscreen/media system just crashes and reboots, I seem to be able to replicate the crash by searching for a bluetooth device.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mark - can't advise what the changes were with the updated firmware - but there are a number of comments in other forum topics in the 308 (2014+) from other car owners that are experiencing the same symptoms where the infotainment system is crashing - which appears to be linked to bluetooth streaming (android / iphone) and possibly linked with DAB (12B) radio stations - such as Radio 1, Radio 6 and a few others. I'm not having issues same as Brian - we're both on the latest firmware - so unsure if that's the reason why not or it's something else that causing the issues....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello
Is there any new map updates for 2020 on the smeg I have had a message appear saying that the maps are out of date

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the latest SMEG update include a change to the bluetooth version?
I'm running SMEG5.4.B.R8 with bluetooth 1.2.0, but for the past week or so been experiencing a problem where the whole touchscreen/media system just crashes and reboots, I seem to be able to replicate the crash by searching for a bluetooth device.
Is this definitely down to Bluetooth? I've been having the problem of the SMEG rebooting every few minutes. I can't force the fault to appear but it occurs every 3-5 minutes. Funnily enough it began the day after my phone did a software update.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Firstly it only seems to be happening in the UK.
Are you listening to DAB radio, and a BBC National service? The problem is also happening on my wife's 2008, but tuning the DAB to a commercial station (non BBC national on 12B) has cleared the fault completely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Recently i buyed Peugeot 308 SW II 1.2 PureTech 110km 2016 without navigation. I have SMEG 5.4.B.R8, i want to update this software, but to what version i can? to 6.4.A.R10? or to which one?

Is there any option to install navigation to my car? if i dont have it now

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your firmware version is 5.x you cannot upgrade to 6.x

And if you do not have satnav, then you will have to replace your headunit with one with satnav + a satnav antenna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Firstly it only seems to be happening in the UK.
Are you listening to DAB radio, and a BBC National service? The problem is also happening on my wife's 2008, but tuning the DAB to a commercial station (non BBC national on 12B) has cleared the fault completely.
After reading a few other threads I believe you're right. I always had my radio on BBC 6 Music. But mine was resetting when listening to Spotify through my Bluetooth and also when I was using the satnav. Perhaps the radio was still active in the background and causing the reboots in those situations.

Anyway, this morning I tuned to Absolute and it never rebooted. After about 15 minutes I returned to R6 and it also never rebooted. I will be checking if there has been a miraculous fix from changing station and then going back. Otherwise I guess I will do without BBC stations.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Yes, 6 Music is only a digital station. For those listening to Radio 2 etc, just change to FM.
But my 308 (2015) does not suffer this problem. I updated the firmware to the latest version dated 2017.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Paul,

My model is 2016 Peugeot 308SW, and my SMEG+ version is "SMEG5.51.B.R1", the date is "25-02-16"
And I had traced the series of posts that seems like the latest version so far is "SMEG_5.43.A.R2"

I have a trouble that the "AUX-IN" function is deactivated, so that any media box cannot use.
I guess the version "AUX-IN" function is deactivated by the Taiwan dealer in "SMEG5.51.B.R1" version to fix the Chinese display issue. (Sounds like the Europe version can only support Latin alphabet)

I figure out two ways to let my Android device can play sound to the head unit.
1. Is it possible to turn on AUX-IN function by some toolkits like Diagbox?
2. Have anyone tried to "downgrade" the SMEG+ software just like from "SMEG5.51.B.R1" to the latest "SMEG_5.43.A.R2"?
Thanks from the far east side of the world.

2201 - 2216 of 2216 Posts