Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
I do the last update and...I can't connect to MyPeugeot app. :(
After all, is there a possibility of having AA on this multimedia system? or should it be changed? It's frustrating not to be a android car on a 2019 car
Thanks!
003.jpg
004.jpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
No, that system doesn't support MirrorLink, Android Auto or CarPlay - the software version is 084A, and that "A" means it has a A1 hardware, without that support.
The MyPeugeot App uses bluetooth, so you may have to unpair and pair it again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I try for a few times but.. not working.
How much does it cost to upgrade the multimedia unit to the Peugeot?
Do you have alternatives?

Thanks for your answer!

·
Registered
819 Posts
@sheusz2000 That "Parking Assist Failure" message while updating the NAC firmware is normal behaviour, it happens all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
Any thoughts about the latest update 076 ?
PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2.

I'm stil on 075 but i'm wondering if anybody went for it and felt some improvements.

i installed 7s touchsecrren update,,,now its all fucked,,android auto wont connect.when it was running perfect before...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i installed 76 touchscreen update,,,now its fucked,,,android auto doesnt work when it was perfect before update,,,im fuming.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i installed 76 touchscreen update,,,now its fucked,,,android auto doesnt work when it was perfect before update,,,im fuming.
My 208 RCC unit is running 76D and works fine on Android Auto. you may need to remove the "connected cars" in AA settings. run AA on your phone (without it being connected directly to the car by cable or bluetooth) Tap the menu button in AA (the 3 bars), select settings. then select connected cars. on this page you'll see the cars you have connected too and any rejected ones too. the menu (top right) will allow you to forget all cars.

once all cars are forgotten, close AA app. then start the car and reconnect the phone with a lead. As long as the "Add new cars to Android Auto" is enabled the setup screen should start and you then reconfigure AA again.

I have done this in the past when I have not been able to connect to AA via cable. it seem to reset the app and allow me to reconnect. it might help you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And what is problem with AA? Did you try to switch USB tethering modes? That help me after update.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The RCC Wave 2 firmware had 5 updates - 3 in 2017 (072x - 074x), 1 in 2018 (075x) and 1 in 2019 (076x). It isn't "dead" yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I successfully updated my system to 076. :)
It took around 15 minutes, though after update I can't see any noticeable difference in the user interface. I hope this update will improve MyPeugeot App connectivity.

View attachment 84870
Hi,

I would like to receive the 076C upgrade package. Would anyone provide a download link. Tanks for helping!

·
Registered
151 Posts
076C (RCC Wave2):

Just downloading that, seems to take 8 hours! No wonder they told me in last service that they didn't have time to update the radio because the download was taking too long. My current version is 072C.
Update performed. After the update, the volume controls were not working at all! Factory reset did not help. Only when I disconnected the battery for some minutes and connected it back I had all functions back. Phew. I did put the license key file in to the license directory on the USB stick, so did not need to connect the WiFi. The license key file I got from the link that I got from the MyPeugeot App.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tanks Olli quick answer!

I had previously successfully installed 076A version and i hopet to get apple carplay 076C version of software. While reading this forum, i found out i need that C version of the software like RUI say. It seems that the A and C software versions are the same for the rcc system file and license code separe which software version is being installed. I can only use my own car VIN code. The system checks for compatibility with the license key. Now I no longer need to know how I could change my car's license code which includes the rights to apple carplay :cool: .

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had previously successfully installed 076A version and i hopet to get apple carplay 076C version of software. While reading this forum, i found out i need that C version of the software like RUI say. It seems that the A and C software versions are the same for the rcc system file and license code separe which software version is being installed. I can only use my own car VIN code. The system checks for compatibility with the license key. Now I no longer need to know how I could change my car's license code which includes the rights to apple carplay :cool: .
Moro KooMA,

Based on my understanding it's not just a matter of installing 076C firmware. The cars without Android Auto/CarPlay capability have RCC Wave2 A1 system that's somehow different from RCC Wave2 A2 system (like mine). I found a decription from Rui elsewhere that "For the end user, the difference between RCC A1 and A2 systems is that the former doesn't have the Apple CarPlay, Google Android Auto or MirrorLink support, where the latter does. They are also almost physically identical, but the A2 has a GNSS socket (Global Navigation Satellite System, such as GPS, Galileo, GLONASS). In other words, that system has "GPS" but no navigation software - It can tell you where you are in coordinates, but it can't navigate you from point A to B."

I've read people upgrading the hardware in their cars, but that the radio must somehow be pre-coded to fit your car (you provide the VIN to the seller), but have no first-hand experience of such.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You can't install the "C" version (or the "A" version for that matter). Those letters just identify the hardware you have.

If you originally had two different RCC Wave 2 systems, one with the "A" letter and another with the "C" letter, you can update both systems with the same firmware update, but you'll keep those letters through updates:

• 071A -> 072A -> 073A -> ... -> 076A;
  • 071C -> 072C -> 073C -> ... -> 076C.
Edit:
It's exactly the same for the RCC Wave 3 systems, where the version have an "8" in the second digit: 08xA or 08xC in the example above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i have peugeot 2008 2019
i go on peugeot app i send my update on email but it send me only license key and i need rcc firmware where i can find it ??
i have carplay and android auto

·
Registered
65 Posts
Having some trouble here... A friend is trying to update his RCC unit (085c). The FW version is 4_085_19.1E028.5. All files were correctly copied into a fat32 fomated USB stick following Peugeot's installation guide. He had the two folders (rcc_update and license) but the RCC kept showing two error messages: "USB not compatible" and "No multimedia content". He really tried a couple of times, used two different USB sticks but nothing seems to help. He will try today without the license folder and using his mobile phone as a Wifi point. What could it be???

By the way: I noticed that when he took the downloaded file and decompressed it, the files within were mostly .tar files. I did the same but those files were shown als .bin files to me. I do not think that make any difference but: is it normal to have those .tar/.bin files in the rcc_update folder?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem. Make sure the ”license” folder is spelled with an ”s”. Also rename the key filename as well to have the spelling with an “s”. Then it should work.

Having some trouble here... A friend is trying to update his RCC unit (085c). The FW version is 4_085_19.1E028.5. All files were correctly copied into a fat32 fomated USB stick following Peugeot's installation guide. He had the two folders (rcc_update and license) but the RCC kept showing two error messages: "USB not compatible" and "No multimedia content". He really tried a couple of times, used two different USB sticks but nothing seems to help. He will try today without the license folder and using his mobile phone as a Wifi point. What could it be???

By the way: I noticed that when he took the downloaded file and decompressed it, the files within were mostly .tar files. I did the same but those files were shown als .bin files to me. I do not think that make any difference but: is it normal to have those .tar/.bin files in the rcc_update folder?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same problem. Make sure the ”license” folder is spelled with an ”s”. Also rename the key filename as well to have the spelling with an “s”. Then it should work.
Thanks, we did that and it actually "worked". He became the message "no update needed". I am really confused now... in his system the iMX version is: x0401074_200326_19.1E028.5. How do i find out, if the update 4_085_19.1E028.5 has anything to do with it? I mean yeah, the last digits are exactly the same but I can still not understand how this versions system works (sorry for my poor knwoledge but I am used to work with SMEGs and NACs).

41 - 60 of 64 Posts