Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle have RCC infotainment unit (without navigation) and current firmware/software version is 74C which I updated last year when I had a issue with carplay. Currently there is another software update - version 75x (Dec. 2018).

Today I went to the dealer for the routine three month service and requested the dealer to carry out the update. The dealer advice me not to proceed with the update unless there is an issue. My dealers technical adviser is generally very knowledgeable (based on my previous experiences with him) and supportive person thus, I decided not to proceed with the update.

Peugeot does not disclose what are the specific issues they rectified/addressed in any update.

If anyone reading this forum have done this update, please let me know if this latest RCC update resolve any existing issues? or are there any improvement after this update?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd hang fire. Mine was perfect until I decided to do an update.
Took ages, and now I have issues:

Screen brightness sometimes goes back to lowest dim setting
Audio settings button sometimes refuses to work
etc etc etc

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd hang fire. Mine was perfect until I decided to do an update.
Took ages, and now I have issues:

Screen brightness sometimes goes back to lowest dim setting
Audio settings button sometimes refuses to work
etc etc etc
glen8 Thank you for the reply. Sorry to hear that you have some issues after update. Do you have the same infotainment unit (RCC) and updated to newest version.

I was verymuch interested in updating to newest version and I have done one update before through the dealer to resolve a carplay issue. But this time dealer's technical adviser (same person did the last update) advice not to do it unless I have any issue. So didn't do it, and will not do any update unless I have some issues.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Routine 3 Month service? It is a check-up that you decide to do preventively or something by-the-book? Thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Routine 3 Month service? It is a check-up that you decide to do preventively or something by-the-book? Thanks.
Vehicle Service warning set to 3 month intervals for my vehicle. So every 3 month or 5000km's a warning is displayed with red hammer symbol asking vehicle to service. Since services are totally free for first 2 years (parts+labour) I do it accordingly.:D

·
Registered
957 Posts
Vehicle Service warning set to 3 month intervals for case. So every 3 month or 5000km's a warning is displayed with red hammer symbol asking vehicle to service. Since services are totally free for first 2 years (parts+labour) I do it accordingly.:D
Wow that is good for you. That is not the case in most countries sadly :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yes, that's a perfectly fine response - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Especially in firmware, where one can brick the system.

Except in the 5.x to 21.x firmware upgrade in NAC models (Android Auto and DST support), I'm not aware of any new features in last versions, so it's "just" bug fixes. If you can't find any issue, there's no reason to update.

Peugeot (Continental or Bosch) does not disclose any issues they rectified in any update, but in Service Box and with your VIN, you might find some infotainment TSB that address some software issues. NAC models has, at least, 4 of them - D5AW016LQ0, D5AW016MQ0, D5AW016SQ0 and D5AW016XQ0.
That's probably the best "changelogs" we can get...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Furthermore I need add the followings too.
When I meet the technician later he mentioned to me that, when the software update (other than map update) is carried out through the dealer they need to record the issue with the existing or the user complaint they are trying to address with the update.

This further confirms that Peugeot have no intention to add new features to the existing system. Thus no use to worry about software update unless there is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made this update yesterday at my 3008 with RCC Bosch média version. Everything went well and it is running the latest version 075 now. Anyway, I haven’t checked any difference between this new version with the previous one 074.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made this update yesterday at my 3008 with RCC Bosch mÃdia version. Everything went well and it is running the latest version 075 now. Anyway, I havenâ€t checked any difference between this new version with the previous one 074.

My vehicle initially came with version 72 and updated through the dealer to version 74C to resolve CarPlay issue sometime back. RCC updates comes out very rarely and Version 75 came after 1 year from previous updates and I Was very much interested to update, as I mentioned earlier in my posts my dealer did not recommend it.

I don’t think there will be any visible difference between this version and previous other than some bug fixes which never notice. Anyway, if you see any difference please post it here.

By the way which region you are from?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My vehicle have RCC infotainment unit (without navigation) and current firmware/software version is 74C which I updated last year when I had a issue with carplay. Currently there is another software update - version 75x (Dec. 2018).

Today I went to the dealer for the routine three month service and requested the dealer to carry out the update. The dealer advice me not to proceed with the update unless there is an issue. My dealers technical adviser is generally very knowledgeable (based on my previous experiences with him) and supportive person thus, I decided not to proceed with the update.

Peugeot does not disclose what are the specific issues they rectified/addressed in any update.

If anyone reading this forum have done this update, please let me know if this latest RCC update resolve any existing issues? or are there any improvement after this update?
Hi - I have the same setup like yours and I've done the update to 75 (I did it by myself also like 74 (my car came with 73)).
My advice to you is - don't do it !
I have just one complaint with the infotainment unit since I've got the car, and it is still not resolved - the volume button. Sometimes I listen to music very loud and I arrive home and stop the car with a pretty high volume, because I'm in the mood for high volume and it seems right at the time.
Next time I start the car I am hit with the high volume I have left the unit at and I quickly try to lower it ... sometime until the unit boots the volume knob doesn't have an effect and I am forced to press it to mute the sound.
So this is still not resolved by 75.
I didn't notice any improvement from 74.
But I feel like I lost 2 things ...
1) sometime I have poor radio reception. I am not sure, but it started the next day after update ... right now it seems to be gone and all seems ok ... so this might have been just a coincidence ... it was sporadic, but on more than one channel.
2) this is something that doesn't work for me personally, maybe you will feel that it's not a problem for you. My setup is : my primary phone with sim card in my pocket - bluetooth is on permanently - so it will connect to the car as soon as I start the engine, and my "android auto car phone" with the usb cable inserted all the time. This phone is rooted and with bluetooth disabled. Its only purpose is to be used for android auto, it doesn't have a sim. Android auto force any cable connected phone to enable the bluetooth, and it would have messed with my primary phone (the one from my pocket, with the sim card, that is linked only via bluetooth). So I've forcely disabled the bluetooth.
Before (with 74) all was perfect - I've started the car - the phone that I use for voice calls automatically connected with bluetooth, and the android auto phone was cabled plugged in all the time - asking me if I want to start android auto. I didn't wanted to start a.a. all the time ... so if i didn't started a.a. I still had the voice commands and google assistent via my bluetooth connected phone. So if I wanted to call someone I've pressed the button and speak the command. Or ask google something ... I don't know ... thing is that IT WORKED !
If I wanted to start android auto I pressed the piano navigation key - got the "do you want to start android auto" message. From that moment on I didn't had anymore the voice commands rooted from my bluetooth phone ... the cable connected phone became the master phone ... but I don't have a sim card in that phone ... so bye bye "call X" by voice command !

With 75 I've lost that ... now when I start the car if I want to call someone using voice command and I press the button on the steering wheel like before, the "do you want to start a.a. ok / cancel" pop-up appears.
As long as I have the usb cable inserted in my other phone I don't get to voice command my pocket phone like before.
If I have an incoming call I can answer from my steering wheel button, but I've lost the voice commands.
Off course if I press ok to start android auto I have the google assistant ... with all it's functions, including "call X" but I don't have a sim card in my android auto phone ... so no contacts and no way to initiate a phone call except by hand from the car's display.

I would go back to 74 in a second if I would know how ...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi - I have the same setup like yours and I've done the update to 75 (I did it by myself also like 74 (my car came with 73)).
My advice to you is - don't do it !
I have just one complaint with the infotainment unit since I've got the car, and it is still not resolved - the volume button. Sometimes I listen to music very loud and I arrive home and stop the car with a pretty high volume, because I'm in the mood for high volume and it seems right at the time.
Next time I start the car I am hit with the high volume I have left the unit at and I quickly try to lower it ... sometime until the unit boots the volume knob doesn't have an effect and I am forced to press it to mute the sound.
So this is still not resolved by 75.
I didn't notice any improvement from 74.
But I feel like I lost 2 things ...
1) sometime I have poor radio reception. I am not sure, but it started the next day after update ... right now it seems to be gone and all seems ok ... so this might have been just a coincidence ... it was sporadic, but on more than one channel.
2) this is something that doesn't work for me personally, maybe you will feel that it's not a problem for you. My setup is : my primary phone with sim card in my pocket - bluetooth is on permanently - so it will connect to the car as soon as I start the engine, and my "android auto car phone" with the usb cable inserted all the time. This phone is rooted and with bluetooth disabled. Its only purpose is to be used for android auto, it doesn't have a sim. Android auto force any cable connected phone to enable the bluetooth, and it would have messed with my primary phone (the one from my pocket, with the sim card, that is linked only via bluetooth). So I've forcely disabled the bluetooth.
Before (with 74) all was perfect - I've started the car - the phone that I use for voice calls automatically connected with bluetooth, and the android auto phone was cabled plugged in all the time - asking me if I want to start android auto. I didn't wanted to start a.a. all the time ... so if i didn't started a.a. I still had the voice commands and google assistent via my bluetooth connected phone. So if I wanted to call someone I've pressed the button and speak the command. Or ask google something ... I don't know ... thing is that IT WORKED !
If I wanted to start android auto I pressed the piano navigation key - got the "do you want to start android auto" message. From that moment on I didn't had anymore the voice commands rooted from my bluetooth phone ... the cable connected phone became the master phone ... but I don't have a sim card in that phone ... so bye bye "call X" by voice command !

With 75 I've lost that ... now when I start the car if I want to call someone using voice command and I press the button on the steering wheel like before, the "do you want to start a.a. ok / cancel" pop-up appears.
As long as I have the usb cable inserted in my other phone I don't get to voice command my pocket phone like before.
If I have an incoming call I can answer from my steering wheel button, but I've lost the voice commands.
Off course if I press ok to start android auto I have the google assistant ... with all it's functions, including "call X" but I don't have a sim card in my android auto phone ... so no contacts and no way to initiate a phone call except by hand from the car's display.

Dear Minjae Kang thank you for the information and update.

·
Registered
819 Posts
. . .
You can't. You can't even reinstall the same version. And that's another difference between firmware updates - where you can only install a new version - and map updates, where you can reinstall the same version.

And yet another reason why you should carefully think about firmware updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if it’s possible to change the firmware in my Peugeot 3008 Allure from 1_075__16.1B116 - 5/12/18 to the version that comes in the gt line 21.07.16.32_NAC_rO? In order to get additional options in the infoteinement like aditional gauges options.

·
Registered
819 Posts
No. They have different infotainment system hardware (RCC vs NAC), it isn't just the software/firmware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No. They have different infotainment system hardware (RCC vs NAC), it isn't just the software/firmware.
Hi all,

I am new in these forums.

My car is 3008 Active. What's the type of infotainment system? RCC or NAC?

I downloaded a software update from Peugeot UK site. I obtained this by entering car VIN number. I downloaded a huge compressed file plus a license key file. It says it's a file for Navigation update, but my car doesn't have a built-in Navigation system. Is it safe to update my car using this file?

Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
It should be a RCC system. What is the name of the file?

The system update will fail if the wrong files are in the flash drive, so no warm is done to the system.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi.
Any thoughts about the latest update 076 ?
PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2.

I'm stil on 075 but i'm wondering if anybody went for it and felt some improvements.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi.

Any thoughts about the latest update 076 ?

PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2.

I'm stil on 075 but i'm wondering if anybody went for it and felt some improvements.

Done that but did not see any visible difference. If you don’t have any issue don’t bother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It should be a RCC system. What is the name of the file?

The system update will fail if the wrong files are in the flash drive, so no warm is done to the system.
Thanks for reply.

File name is PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2.tar

Here is my current firmware info:
Screenshot_2019-09-28 Photo - Google Photos.jpg

1 - 20 of 64 Posts