Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! That sounds good. Now I need the courage to go through the update process.

Thank you!
I successfully updated my system to 076. :)
It took around 15 minutes, though after update I can't see any noticeable difference in the user interface. I hope this update will improve MyPeugeot App connectivity.

20190929_175856.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing that I've recently noticed is that a sub menu item named Traction Control has appeared under car settings. From what I recall I didn't have this option in my car settings before (Active 1.6 BlueHDI) . I suspect that it has come after my recent update to version 76.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No. They have different infotainment system hardware (RCC vs NAC), it isn't just the software/firmware.
is it possible to update firmware with update targeted for different marke?. for example, I live in Croatia and there is no Android auto on RCC (no nav) because google still doesn't support Croatia, but if it were possible to update for example with firmware for German market, maybe I could get android auto (if they are both update for the same RCC and no NAC)?

thanks for answering

·
Registered
819 Posts
is it possible to update firmware with update targeted for different marke?. for example, I live in Croatia and there is no Android auto on RCC (no nav) because google still doesn't support Croatia, but if it were possible to update for example with firmware for German market, maybe I could get android auto (if they are both update for the same RCC and no NAC)?

thanks for answering
For the Android Auto to work, in needs both support in the car infotainment system and the App installed on the smartphone. That support you're talking about, it's just the Android Auto App that isn't available in the Play Store in your country. But you can always install the Android Auto .APK file directly.

For the other halt of the equation, you need the hardware support in the RCC system, that might not be present, as there are many subversions of the RCC. The firmware won't enable anything if it isn't already there - the firmware for the RCC system is exactly the same for cars sold in Croatia or Germany.

What exactly are the firmware version that you have installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the Android Auto to work, in needs both support in the car infotainment system and the App installed on the smartphone. That support you're talking about, it's just the Android Auto App that isn't available in the Play Store in your country. But you can always install the Android Auto .APK file directly.

For the other halt of the equation, you need the hardware support in the RCC system, that might not be present, as there are many subversions of the RCC. The firmware won't enable anything if it isn't already there - the firmware for the RCC system is exactly the same for cars sold in Croatia or Germany.

What exactly are the firmware version that you have installed?
actually I have installed android auto on my smarthphone trough playstore with no issue, and it is working just fine on the phone. the idea came to me because peugeot croatia answer to my email saying that there will be android auto available in my car as soon as google give support to croatia

I've just updated firmware couple days ago, I think it is 76 but need to check it to know for sure

·
Registered
819 Posts
Your Peugeot dealer hasn't a clue about how Android Auto works, and that seems just an excuse. Google can't upgrade the software of your infotainment system automatically over the air. In fact, neither Peugeot can...

The letters in the version number are important to know if your hardware has the support there.

The 076A means you have the RCC A1 Wave 2 system. The AA is only present in the C or D (also with DAB) revisions, both RCC A2 Wave 2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your Peugeot dealer hasn't a clue about how Android Auto works, and that seems just an excuse. Google can't upgrade the software of your infotainment system automatically over the air. In fact, neither Peugeot can...

The letters in the version number are important to know if your hardware has the support there.

The 076A means you have the RCC A1 Wave 2 system. The AA is only present in the C or D (also with DAB) revisions, both RCC A2 Wave 2.
thanks for the info and time (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

I'm wondring now, I was update also some days before the RCC to the newst one. But I have still 63C. The other iMX and V850 shows newer updates. And the MyPeugeot app was begin after one year to work.

Regards

Kurt

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
That's RCC Wave 3. I don't know what's the last firmware version for that particular hardware.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same version on RCC in my P308 T9 2020y but in My Peugeot app there is notification for new update PSA_rcc-firmware_4_084_19-1E027-6_RCC_EU_W3_ECO.tar. I would love to find some change log file before updating because I have no problem so far and I would like to keep it that way. Only problem is that My Peugeot app is not connecting to car just waiting to connect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same version on RCC in my P308 T9 2020y but in My Peugeot app there is notification for new update PSA_rcc-firmware_4_084_19-1E027-6_RCC_EU_W3_ECO.tar. I would love to find some change log file before updating because I have no problem so far and I would like to keep it that way. Only problem is that My Peugeot app is not connecting to car just waiting to connect.
Do you have wifi on your car ? I can't find any options in my car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No. No wifi.
Only thing that I found about new firmware is that android auto was flattened from the sides and now the proportions are normal. Not sure what that means.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It can't, the firmware updater will check that. It has a different "EcuType", see the UpdateInfo.xml file.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts