Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I really need to get this sorted out......

Basically, I"ve got a 2007, 2.0 HDI SW,..[ milage=43.5 K] and am very happy withy it, only issues have been the wheel valves, not a bvig problem.

Spent some money on a rear roof spoiler, side decals etc...and the car really does turn heads now, specially for an estate!!

My problem?......a friend at work had an identical car, only his was a 2006, with 100K milage, it gave him some trouble, and he got a diagnostic read-out done, the list was "as long as his arm",..and advised me to get rid of mine ASAP, before the dreaded electric gremlins start to show!

Am I paranoid?.......or would I be better to go and get it traded in for a car that"s still got better warranty cover??

Silly post....love the car....just want some honest opinions folks..

Thanks for reading!!

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Hey Cliff!
Keeping well I hope! My 307 is giving bother AGAIN :mad: and is now getting ditched. I have 74k miles on it now but as I said before it's the first pug to have gave me bother.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Have you had yours on diagnostics mate ? If you`re worried your welcome to call down for a reading or you can swap it for my 240,000 miles 307.:D

More than likely your friend is right but when it breaks down is like how long is a piece of string, whats to say your next car doesn`t break down,nobody can judge these things, it doesn`t matter what make or model you buy i believe you either get a good car or a bad one ,
that my friend is my two cents.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i can see where your mate is coming from, but all cars are not the same. the only problem i have had with my 307 is the abs sensors, which in the end of the day only happens on average once a year and doesnt take much to sort out. but from what i gather this happens to all pugs. just keep the servicing up to date. change stuff when the manual recommends and it maybe worth it buying a third party warrenty company for that just incase they cover and save some money. (have to admit i have only got 1 payout from them for new alround abs sensors) and mine is 104k miles on it.

if i were you, i would wait till these gremlins show their face, if they ever do, see what it means first and if its really expensive, trade in time :p

·
Registered
535 Posts
There's often a false picture given of the reliability of cars.

First, as has been said, no two cars are alike; no two drivers are alike and no two people make the same journeys for life.

Second, forums like this are filled with people who have problems. No one writes in and says, "Well, another week gone and the car's running well. No trouble since I bought it 4 years ago. I'll post again next week just to tell you it's OK." This gives the impression that all <insert make> are unreliable. (If you want some expensive horror stories, go and look at Volvo, BMW and VW forums.)

I'd take up Bettyswollocks' offer and let him attach your car to his Worry-Meter :thumb: :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
I'm on my 2nd 407 and both have been peerless, although I felt the 2.7 was overrated (the 2.2 I have now is as quick and is actually better with the fuel, so the 2.7 seemed a bit pointless in retrospect)..

I recently ran a month long survey on 407owners about reliability for a magazine article I'm reseraching. About 2/3 of owners rated their 407 as 'faultless' or 'above average', so if you keep your car in top trim the statistical likelyhood is that you will continue to be happy.

You mates hack has roughly double the average mileage for its age. I'm guessing he's not the first owner, so he can't vouch for how it has been treated, driven or maintained. That's the risk with used and you shouldn't worry just because he didn't do his homework and bought a lemon.

As for me, I may soon be up for my third, that's how happy I am.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve,
Keepin well mate, Thx, sorry to hear "bout your probs....what you going to change to??

Well,
thanks everyone for your opinions.....I"ll be keepin her well sreviced of course, and, have just bought a diagnostic reader on E-bay, so will try it out on the car over the weekend [ If i can get through the biblical size instruction book first!]

Martin...might just take you up on that offer!....some weekend day this summer suit you?

The car has not indicated any fault at all so far [ just the wheel valves]....over the tight winter....totally reliable at 5am going to work, at -8 degrees as well!!

Maybe as the milage adds up it will tell a different story, but fingers crossed, can"t afford to change anyway!!

Joe...I get where your coming from...some people can be really "hard" on a car without even trying....

What milage should I think about changing the timing belt at???

Thank again,

Cliff

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chopper,

My confidence has been restored!!....will get her well detailed up...and post a couple of pics, with spoiler and side decals etc asap.

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Looking at something bigger this time. Maybe a 407 like yourself! As I say I'm not off pugs, just this one!:lol: Seriously tempted by a Volvo S40/V50 tho. Have also looked at a Mitsubishi Outlander but too expensive. I'll have to get another pug to play with if I ditch this one. It's been years since I haven't had one in the drive!!! I do have serious doubts about the 2.0 hdi 136 engine tho... This 307 has genuinely been the worst car I've ever owned and I've had some rubbish in my time!

Oh and before you lot start slaggin, my car came from Peugeot UK with full history and is maintained to the highest standard by me! I think it must of been a friday night car. (throw it together there so we can go to the pub...)

C

·
0 Posts
Popug have their own ideas, but 5 years/80k miles is a safe rule of thumb. It's always cheaper to err on the side of caution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts