Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I changed the glow plugs on my 2.0 HDI today, they were all knackered.
On removal I noticed they were all rather oily and the two center ones had a fair bit of congealed oil crap on them.
Just wondering if this hints to other possible problems with the engine? (just as spark plug condition can indicate a petrol motor's condition)

Also on the far left one (looking at engine from front of car) I could not get the new plug fully in place until I prodded with a small screwdriver to remove the oil/gunk build-up near where the tip of the plug had to go (I had to push the crap into the engine rather than beeing able to drag it out).
Is there any sort of treatment/additive that could be safely used to remove this gunk? Or would it require stripping the engine?

Also, I removed the oil filler cap with the engine running and could feel air (gases) blowing out of the filler pipe. Resting the cap on the pipe resulted in the cap doing a bit of a dance but there was not enough force to blow it off the pipe. Am I correct in thinking this is referred to as back-pressure? Does it indicate worn pistons/rings?
I believe the DPF is clogged but hard to be sure as the pressure sensor appears to be faulty also. Planning on de-fapping in the next few days but wondering if a blocked DPF might cause this back-pressure.

Thanks,
Steve

D

·
0 Posts
The heater plugs are fouled up as they were not working. Normal working ones burn that crap off.
As regards, gasses coming up the oil filler, thats normal.
I think you're reading too much into things.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heater plugs are fouled up as they were not working. Normal working ones burn that crap off.
As regards, gasses coming up the oil filler, thats normal.
I think you're reading too much into things.
Appreciate the comments David, good to know its not something to be concerned about. Is it also normal to have bit of oil in the air filter housing? I thought this might be caused by back pressure/oil coming through a breather pipe?

Maybe your car will regen the filter now its got good plugs!
It's a nice thought but don't think it will happen while its in limp mode?

Cheers guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts