Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, this will be my first(of many) threads here on peugeot forums, I have recently purchased a 2.0hdi 2004 407 and I knew what I was getting into, in order to reduce the number of beeps I get on startup and to understand the car better I have gotten the kit, I have a lexia 9780.z5 cable with the adequate dongles so it ends up in a USB connection and this is where I'm stuck, I sourced the cables without the software which I figured would be easy to obtain (Y'arr).

I was wondering if anyone can PM me a working software download link, I have a virtual XP machine already set up but I cannot find a proper PP2000 for the heck of it, after trying at least 3 FTP downloads and 5 torrents I had to clean install my windows again due to all the malware downloaded, not to mention most links on the internet are dead.

Codes I have to troubleshoot:

-Engine faulty: repair needed
-ABS/ESR system failure (Happened after 15s of fun in a empty gravel parking lot)

Stuff I'd like to check out:

My turbo is.. lacking so to speak, it sometimes kicks in sometimes does not, I would like to be able to get live data while driving to get a better understanding of where to start taking it apart, considering a replacement in december in case this plan of action fails.

I only have one key fob, I've read PP is required to be able to program a new one, I also don't have the confidential card which I've read can also be source like this.

Of course, upon avail and a bit of trial/error with my own car I will join the PP map for a new location in NRW, Germany, my job makes me drive a lot within the region so I can totally give back to the community.

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
For a 407 you would be better with daigbox this will run on newer versions of windows i have it installed on this PC and contrary to what some say it works fine but if you try to do older cars it wont load planet properly.

I have planet installed separately in an older laptop for certain things i need planet for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so I have he 9780.Z5 made by brand "ACTIA" PSA XS EVOLUTION made in France, no other details than a S/N, what's the proper diagbox for this and where do I download it from? I'm happy it will run on my win-7 64bit without virtualization, it's great news. BTW the car is from 2004, I'll trust you on this and go for diagbox as soon as some hero provides a working link.

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
The adapter you have is no doubt a chinese clone like everyone elses and would normally come with the software on a disc there are plenty people selling working copies on ebay no need to download.

The adapters will work with ALL software versions.

I am on my 3rd adapter as i wear them out and i am still using the same software for the planet pc i only recently installed the diagbox software on this laptop mainly to see if it worked as there is so much misinformation out there !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is that I brought my cables individually from a list of 100 obd adapters, I just figured out what goes where and how but I can't find the CD on the website, I guess they don't sell it. Can someone link me to a working .iso?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts