Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,
I have a 308 (2009). I inherited only one key (with fob) with the car last year.
Last month my car key fob fell apart and unfortunately (unbeknown to me at the time) I had a hole in my pocket, and lost the metal bit of the key whilst out.
I ordered a new key fob from our local Peugeot dealer, so I can now get into the car.
Having changed the battery in the old fob, I now can't start the car as the anti-theft message comes up.
I have booked the car in to have the new key/car coded for Weds am.
I was hoping to be able to hold the old fob next to new key as I started the car to get it started to drive it the 200 yards uphill to the dealer.
It won't work.
Looking closely at the old fob, it looks like the negative connection to the battery is missing.
Any ideas how to solve this?
I will attach picture of old (broken) fob.

Thanks, Anna.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The transponder ship should still work even without a battery, you only lose the remote locking functionality. Take the pcb out carefully and hold the end with the transponder (that chip with the copper coil around it) next to the reader (the reader coil is around the ignition barrel) while simultaneously cranking with the metal blade. That should get you started.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the pcb out carefully and hold the end with the transponder (that chip with the copper coil around it) next to the reader (the reader coil is around the ignition barrel) while simultaneously cranking with the metal blade. That should get you started.
Just to be clear, are you suggesting to dismantle the new fob and take the blade out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can you remove the pcb from the new key that doesn't work? That way you'll be sure that the unprogrammed transponder chip is not interfering with the old, programmed one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh genius.
I opened new key fob and held new blade mechanism half with old chip card half.
It works!!
Thank you.
It can get sorted from here.
Thank you sooo much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts