Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat of previous postings, I did search and I cannot seem to find the answer.

I've recently purchased an 02 406 110HDI exec. It very quickly developed a water problem in the footwell which due to corrosion drained the battery. This in turn corrupted the BSI and it developed an anti-theft fault.

I have fixed the cabling, and I hope the water ingress too. I have purchased a PP2000 system and the damned keycode (twice)

So when trying to re-code the keys that used to work prior to this happening (which are the 2 button type) I get prompted to press the unlock button, and remove/insert into ignition but during the learning phase I get 'key 1 identifier invalid'.

I used to be able to start the car by pulling the battery and reconnecting with the key in the ignition, but since I've fixed the cabling that seems impossible.

So my question is about the invalid identifier, does that mean that I'm using the wrong keycode in PP2000? if it is, does anyone know of someone who will either reset or clear the code?

BSI : 9646023380 Valeo CD4 ver C. HW 2 SW 3.23
Bosch ECU : 96 423 018 80

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, you are using the right PIN code or you wouldn't get to the screen on PP2000 telling you to insert key one.

Have you tried the other key first, I believe one key is the master key, the other is a slave key - but I'm sure when I did mine it didn't matter which key was inserted first..:confused:

Which heading are you using under PP2000, I think I used 'replacement parts' but when I did I somehow buggered up the remote locking....

Have you always had to start the car by disconnecting the battery? Maybe you have a transponder ring issue...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I ordered 2 codes was because I tried the correct code and a code I made up and I got the same message.

I think the transponder *should* be working as it recognises the button press during the learning process.

The car used to work perfectly normally until the wetness took hold. the only reason I went to fix the problem is because the lights had a mind of their own, along with the fuel guage and I couldn't turn off the wipers.

I went into the BSI, and then learning to program the keys. I followed the wizard. After 3 successive failures the BSI locks out for 15 mins.

Any idea what peugeot would charge for a new BSI?

G

·
0 Posts
Lots.....

I'm not sure what else to suggest, and going to Peugeot would be a last resort for financial reasons.

You can buy new ID46 chips on eBay for £5, New Virgin ID46 Transponder Chip for Peugeot Citroen | eBay so maybe do the same process but with the new blank chips in the keys instead, worth a punt...:thumb:

Try the replacement parts heading on the second page of PP2000, after selecting the Peugeot Planet Diagnostics page.

G

·
0 Posts
The link you posted is the PCB, the transponder chip should be safely* tucked away in the top corner of the key case, like in my link...:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I've just worked that out :D. wow I feel stupid.

At least I've got hope, I'll purchase a couple of transponders and give it a shot.

I'll update as soon as I know more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to specific Ecu, BSI, configuration (I think) then learning. It asks to put key in ignition, and press unlock. Remove key. Then re-insert the key. On re-insertion it says learning key then errors with key invalid.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That's not how I remember doing mine you insert key 1 turn on then turn of then key 2 turn on then turn off THEN after that it does the remote separately.

Immobiliser and remote locking are 2 totally separate things.

G

·
0 Posts
Its been a while since I did my spare key, but I think I went 'replacement parts' then 'key'...

Type in the PIN code, enter how many keys to program, then put them in one at a time, turning the ignition on and watching as the screen guides you through the process....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So I've bitten the bullet.

It's gone to the local Peugeot garage.

Programming failed with the same error, it looks like the ring on the ignition cannot read the key. So they recommended cutting and resoldering all the cables under the floor.

BSI reprogram : £60
BSI Replacement (if required) : £484
Soldering : £60/hr c.4 hrs
replacement transponder chips NLA from pug

Loan 207sw £3/day :D

G

·
0 Posts
The ignition ring could be faulty - a new/second hand ring may fix it.

The ring isn't coded to the car, it just reads the chip and tells the ECU if it matches or not ( I think..:confused: )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's correct, the ring just reads the chip and sends the data to the bsi for analysis through the can bus.

However Pug are convinced its the cabling, they say the only sure way to fix the cabling is to cut out the plug and solder new wires in. I'm inclined to agree with them as there's still water getting in so I think my cleaning of the plug was only temporary.

On a side, any advice as to where the water's coming from? I cleared the scuttle Which was full of leaves etc. It was def high up as the water dripped onto the steel bracket above the fusebox and then onto the fusebox relay and corroded the internals of top relay (the bottom one was unaffected).

Too bad this is an old car as it really is a design problem that should be addressed at pug's expense not the owners.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Repairing the wiring should get it working again it is actually quite common although I have only had 1 with the problem and I never investigated it to see where it comes from but it is a known issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts