Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Its popped on a few times and after a bit of digging I used Redex (for diesel) which cleared it, then it came back and someone I know who knows cars apparently said.... oh never use Redex it will kill the cat, use Cataclean instead, well that worked too (although is a fair bit more expensive).

The latest fault happened when I was driving at roughly 70mph up a steepish hill, and I sometimes feel a slight power dip around 45-50mph if that helps at all for the diagnostics.

So I've got my car going in on Tuesday to get the cam belt, an aux belt and a pump (sorry I forget which but apparently its the one you might as well get done as they've done all the hard work getting to it :)) - not related to the tale but as its in anyway is there anything else I should ask be changed.

Worth noting the cars not worth that much any more - a 2004 plate, so I don't want to spend a fortune on it, the £300 or so for the belts etc will be steep enough and am not looking to get my car diagnosed as there are no planet members close enough to me.

So what do you good people think and thank you.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I used redex nearly every week when I filled the tank on my 04 registered 307 2.0 HDi 90.

83 full tanks Using around 40 bottles of Redex in 4,337.68 litres of diesel over 52,150 miles in the two years I had the car. Never had any running issues and it didn't harm the Cat. I got enough extra MPG when using the Redex to more than cover the cost.

·
5,028 Posts
Whereabouts are you ? And it will be the water pump that's getting done as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - todays was the last order of cataclean - I'll just stick to Redex.

That was it the water pump :)

In the midlands - about 30 mins from Mansfield, but that still makes the closest one either Sheffield or Nottingham - no worries though, I'm sure someone at work said they had a diagnostic (the one who suggested Cataclean).

If I'm lucky it'll just be a fuel filter or some such that needs doing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, no idea whats in Redex, but given Amazon didn't manage to deliver my cataclean this morning as they said they would I cancelled it, went into town and got some redex and popped it in.

Literally as I was sat in the car park waiting for my wife to pop back with something (less than 10 mins) the light went out :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i was told pollen filters can be turned off and it wont affect the running of the car is this correct o does it depend on various models etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps it was a miss-post :)

I'd hoped when the email dropped in for a new message that someone had figured out what it could be for Redex to work so quickly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah right just new to this peugeot club lol having other troubles of my own does anyone no about the bsi reset how do i no i have done it correctly does the car gove any sort of acknowledgment when it has worked i do have another thread goinf but not many responding! My car just wont start :anguished:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts