Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for 2001-2007 models say yay or nay to:

1. Wing Mirrors

2. Alloy wheels (mine's red so these are awesome for mine like!)

3. K&N Air Filter

4. Rear Spoiler (without lowering the vehicle)

5. Black Headlights (black and red theme)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha my answer is:

chav
chav
chav
chav

:lol: nah im only joking it will smart, but i think to much will ruin the look and you end up with that gayboy darlo racer look...now nobody likes that look.

as for the 2nd (external links tut tut pmsl)they should fit mate.:thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have yet to see a good looking 307 with after-market alloys that hasn't been lowered. The amount of times I see 205-40-17 tyres on a 307 is unbelievable and because of the wheel arch height on 307's lower profile tyres look to0 skinny against the body of the car.

I don't mind the alloy wheels but would prefer matt black & if they were colour coded I wouldn't mind the mirrors as I always preferred mirrors with indicators.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much does it cost to professionally lower? I've been told that lowering could damage shock absorbers

·
Registered
387 Posts
I paid £90 to have our 307 lowered about a year ago with no issues at all, I will probable replace the front ones this year some time with new ones but like I said, so far so good. Apex 45mm lowering springs were £115 so about £200 all in, before & after photo's below...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do like that. Nice lights too!

Would mine look stupid with a towbar too? Haha I think I know the answer to that!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like them wheels ach, but i'd steer clear of the over the top stuff (mirrors and lights fall into that category for me!)

I like the more subtle mods, thats why i'm leaving mine as just wheels, tints and front grille :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what's ach mean?

Hmmm.. I'm starting to think the mirrors would be too much hassle, and the lights would be too expensive anyway.

Chances are the alloys could be re-sold if I bought them and got a diff car so that wouldn't be too bad.

I got the tints, dead happy with that :D

Did you get chrome strips for the grille or something?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd like to get my windows slightly tinted but haven't got the cash at the mo to justify spending £120+ to get them done.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just have to keep in mind I own a 9 year old car with 95k miles on so I cant justify doing anything that wont give my car a better point of sale.

Might just stick to chrome grille things and some interior things.

:( I like the idea of doing up my vehicle but I hate the idea of losing out on too much cash

·
Registered
38 Posts
cck2k9 said:
haha my answer is:

chav
chav
chav
chav

:lol: nah im only joking it will smart, but i think to much will ruin the look and you end up with that gayboy darlo racer look...now nobody likes that look.

as for the 2nd (external links tut tut pmsl)they should fit mate.:thumb:
Haha those darlo's are pretty gay

Have you noticed how they cling to Park Lane and Hogans all the time, will they never learn....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ach = actually!

My front grille is a mesh one, mainly because when i was rebuilding the car (mine was bought as a front end write off) it came down to paying £35 for the peugeot standard grille, or £20 for some mesh

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4831

And the mirrors came like that, cant be bothered removing them because it'd be a nightmare removing the glue, i do like my chrome handles though!

And considering i was on a budget i had to do everything the cheap way, came in exactly on budget though :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm might do the mesh thing. Is it difficult?

Can't really see much from the angle of the pic you put up. I'll try and find a pic of the grille chrome-stripped and one of it all meshed up.

I was thinking of popping the casing off the mirrors and putting chrome/silver or even black ones from a scrappy on. But I didn't know how to pop them off, another thread that went straight down :(

then if I do that I can get black handles. And the black alloys... and maybe a black sun-strip.

The idea of a black and red 307 came from a Corsa VXR I saw the other week. Looked beautiful, red body, and all the fidgety bits black. Bit of chrome in there... mmm

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really easy to mesh, all I did was silicon it on from the rear, holds up to jetwash/auto carwashes no problem!!

Of course my bumper hadnt been fitted to the car by that point so it helped quite a lot!! :p

No idea how the mirror backs come off, looking at mine they are stick on covers (as are my door handles)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stick on like glue? not stick on like clip on?

Yeah having the bumper off already would probably help.

I'm sure I could do it with it on

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
kaostheory said:
Haha those darlo's are pretty gay

Have you noticed how they cling to Park Lane and Hogans all the time, will they never learn....
tend not to go up that way...get stabbed in the darkness of the streetlight there haha.

i tend to see the bumdas at morton park morrisons car park...with the gypos opposite in mcdonalds car park having a transit meet.

or on the town centre ring road racing the taxis (skoda octavias) half the time :lol:

or even jazz's favourite mcdonalds on A167/A1/Newton aycliff services :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's a haven. Fuel, food and shelter. We just need a Primarni there :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts