Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I mention my car in my sig, but I'll name it now so you can imagine it as you read along (Sounds fun eh):
Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI 110 bhp GLX (In Red)

Well I put it in for four wheel alignment (£48... sound right?) and they did a diagnostic for getting the fuel gauge sorted as it doesn't read.

They said the fuel sender isn't the problem. They bridged the wires between the fuel sender and the ECU and it didn't make the gauge move (Apparently doing this makes the needle display "full")

And they also said when they put the car on the ramp that my nearside rear brake pipe is joined strangely (they said it looks like a new fitting on an old pipe) and it's leaking :w00t:
-----Funnily enough the rear brake pipes are what my car failed on, and what I paid £98 to sort... Can I get the garage who done it to sort it for free tomorrow? Like, can I DEMAND that?

And then the diagnostics results came along.. If somebody could help me with some sort of DIY fix-it then I'd really really appreciate it:

Control unit Diagnosis PEUGEOT Diesel EDC 15C2-1x Error Memory
1435 - Additive System
Additive tank level sensor defective
0402 - Exhaust gas recircul. ctrl. circuit
Deviation
No. Of Errors 2

Control unit diagnosis PEUGEOT ESP 1.34 Error Memory
0562 - Battery Voltage
too low
5200 Braking System
Occasional Pressure Loss
No. Of Errors 2

Control unit diagnosis PEUGEOT Instrument cluster 1.0 Error Memory
21 Oil temperature Sensor
signal improbable
No. Of Errors 1

Control unit diagnosis PEUGEOT Air Conditioner 1.0 Error Memory
20 Evaporator temp. Sensor
signal improbable
20 Evaporator temp. Sensor
signal improbable
No. Of Errors 2

then theres one about no signal from radio or CD changer. maybes cos I got shot of them :rolleyes:

Control unit diagnosis PEUGEOT Centr. electronics CE 1.1 Error Memory
0197 Fuel tank level Sensor
Open circuit
01CB Engine oil sensor: Oil level
faulty
019C Engine oil sensor: temperature
Short circuit to plus

Now can anybody let me know what exactly these mean and how I can quick fix them? Thanks in advance. I'll buy ya a coffee :D

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
for the brake pipes leaking....its a health and safety issue! get that car back to the garage who did it for you and it is their job (as long as you got proof of their work) to get that sorted...free of charge! im sure it is a legal right somewhere.

or

do what i have done in the past, take it back to the garage, if they refuse...ask them again (in total 2 times). if they still deny or say nothing is wrong, go to another garage to get it sorted ie. dealership. get a total engineers report of them with photos, pay the dealer...then take the engineers report to the garage and demand they pick the bill up to fix their issue and a full refund! trading standards is also a good threat and they will also stand beside you on this.

as for the other faults, i do not beleive it will all be smaller faults, but one big one...now finding that fault will be a different story. could be as small as a battery issue (listed) to an earth connection to dirty connections to a full blown ECU issue.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Sounds awesome. Might just get the garage or another to have a look at my electrics then, since there's obviously a bit of wiring amiss.

I'll go around a few garages and get some quotes. Is there such thing as an honest garage? One that doesn't charge extortionate rates AND charge extra because they found some ridiculous fault? fair doos the brake pipes are legit, but I bet they knew the craic with my fuel gauge but they want a couple more hours out of me.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would say no...there is no such thing but...you will always find a garage that does the job at a reasonable price and at a good standard...there is one near me i would recommend called Hoddy's they deal with HGV, LGVs, Busses and cars so they know what they are doing...pretty cheap aswell...its where i got my clutch done for £120 and £15 tow :thumb:

i normally say:

1) small easy novice jobs - me
2) medium sized jobs that i cant do and requires exp - my dads mate who used to work for VOSA or my mates dad who used to own a garage (depends on who is free)
3) large complicated jobs that needs a garage equip etc - Hoddy's

EDIT:

also i would check with the dealerships to see if there is a update for your car. might cost a bit but if it sorts the probs its a brucie bonus :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You said near you but you're from Durham, Gateshead, Whitby and Darlington :lol:

whereabouts is he located mate hehe.

The most i'm bothered about is the additive. Cos apparently that can knacker the particulate filter if it's empty (said the garage)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha yeah it even confuses me, you'd think im a pikey but im not :lol:...Hoddys is in gateshead...just off the felling bypass (just of the a194 aka washington services a1 slip off to tyne tunnel)

i've heard the same but your car will go to limp mode if it gets low/empty or so i beleive (i have only read about it)...which reminds me i need to look up when mine is due a refill and how much.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the google search findings show that Hoddys is a recovery firm? Do they recover you and fix you?

Don't lie, you left the caravan in the truck park when you came to meet me :lol:

Anyway yeah I will look into it.

As a result of Daffy's advice I've just bought a Haynes manual yeay.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah they do both :lol:

haha yeah right :lol: do you want some degs? :thumb:

you should of said you were looking for a haynes, i got one for sale :lol:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jazz,

p1435 on my edc15c2 turned out to be the fuel tank sensor, check to see that you have 2 magnets on the filler cap. i've got pp2000 and it turned out to be the fuel tank cap sensor, was 30 quid from peogeot. this is a must fix soon one, as whilst this is active the car is either injecting eolys all the time or not at all. it's a tripple meaning code so you'll need a plug in to planet to be sure what the code is.
either way it could be an expensive bill for a tank replenish or a blocked filter heading your way.

If you fix the oil temp message let me know, i have the same message but isn't high on my list of priorities..
:)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
come to think of it i can remember my oil temp and oil sensor was disabled but had no way of activating.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stvstx said:
Jazz,

p1435 on my edc15c2 turned out to be the fuel tank sensor, check to see that you have 2 magnets on the filler cap. i've got pp2000 and it turned out to be the fuel tank cap sensor, was 30 quid from peogeot. this is a must fix soon one, as whilst this is active the car is either injecting eolys all the time or not at all. it's a tripple meaning code so you'll need a plug in to planet to be sure what the code is.
either way it could be an expensive bill for a tank replenish or a blocked filter heading your way.

If you fix the oil temp message let me know, i have the same message but isn't high on my list of priorities..
:)
Hmmmmm.. where exactly are these two magnets? And what do they look like? Howay you gotta speak simple to me! :nod:

Great. I love faulty things that I don't know much about :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
take the filler cap off one at the top one at the bottom, can't miss them. about 2cm x 2cm. it's not unusual for them to be missing if the filler cap has been dropped. if you have one missing fit the cap cap with the magnet at the top. thats where the sensor is, the cap fits in 2 ways and sensor only acts on one magnet.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I just checked it there, both there!

Cheers mate, I'll remember that one :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most of those faults you have don't mean anything. don't worrk about the a/c one anyway. Thats just a software problem, has no bearing on anything.
What id do is clear the faults drive the car and see what faults come back. These faults are the faults causing the problems.
Don't worry about oil level sensors even. You know the oil is ok if the dipstick is still in the car!
If you had problems with the fuel cap presence sensor there would be a fault. These sensors cause alot of problems.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice one mate, so do I just find somebody with planet and get them to clear the faults?

Don't fancy paying £48 for another diagnostic :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts