Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

HELP.

This is my first Peugeot, we normally own a Golf and I bought this 307 to replace my excellent, but thirsty MX5.

After driving some 50 miles on A roads and motorways the engine warning light suddenly came on, along with the STOP sign and the battery warning symbol. The car suddenly lost power, luckily this happened at the 300yd marker into a services on the M3. I manged to pull into the services and stop to check everything. The car would then not start, it would turn over on the starter, put not even attempt to fire. I check the fuel etc. After several attempts the car went into econmomy mode.

I called out the RAC and got the car towed to a Peugeot garage. The RAC computer could not communicate with the in car diagnostic sensor. The Peugeot garage has, so far, found 2 faults - both HP flow sensor/meter related - I await their next guesses, and i suspect hugh bill!

Does anyone have any idea, or similar experiences. I don't want the laptop operator monkeys at the garage to start replacing everything the laptop says until the 'fix' the fault.

Having owned VWs and Mazdas, my first week of peugeot ownership is less than impressive!:mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tell the monkeys to reload the software first, many dealers out there are loading incorrect software prior to delivery to make peugeot pay for it, if they refuse contact peugeot and tell them you suspect the dealers is attempting to make a profit with dishonesty.

90 percent of the times problems with peugeots are dealers/service technicians fault the parts in the car including the multiplex system are bosch manufactured and some come from australia which I know for a fact are extremely reliable and made to world class standards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts