Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve recently bought a 2003 plate 8 valve 1.4 petrol 307.
After an oil change I noticed a discrepancy between the oil level on the dipstick and that on the instrument display, the dipstick shows full and the display shows minimum. The colour of the dipstick handle is purple, can anyone confirm if this is the correct part or has it been incorrectly fitted by a previous owner?

Thanks for any help.

·
11,731 Posts
Don't worry, the display is notorious for being faulty. Mine and several others are!

Trouble is a replacement is going on for £60 and very hard to reach, being at the back of the engine. Part 14:

·
Registered
32 Posts
gibbo am liking that parts thingy uv got there whats it called and where can i get it? and is there any chance it will show a pic of a dipstick for a 2005 206 1.6hdi, mines yellow but am buggered if i can see a min/max mark, all av got is a centimeter long grooved cone on the end,
thanks in advance

·
11,731 Posts
Ah, there are two versions - the online web version. And the off-line version which needs activating.

The offline version is good because it features wiring diagrams and repair procedures (online doesn't you need to pay for access), but needs XP, activating and can be tricky to install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi societydwelr

While researching my dipstick query I found that a common fault on Peugeot dipsticks is that the plastic end breaks off! that might me the problem you have.

Re Servicebox, just bought a copy from Ebay, seller name dansor358, comes on 3 discs, price including postage is £3.90, worth every penny. If you buy read the installation notes on the 1st disc.

Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts