Peugeot Forums banner

Wrapping inside plastic

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  marks5459 
#1 ·
Hello guys. So basically my story is short. I am a 14 years old boy that just loves cars. One day i found out about vinyl wraps and decided to wrap the plastic around the door handles inside. Got the cheapest film from ebay which was black carbon gave it a try, looked good but dad said its not eye cathing so decided to get another film the colour is chrome carbon. Friday night, wrapped all parts looks good. After also wrapped the plastic around the air vents or whatever its called :):lol:

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
hi i do vinyl signs for a living and there is different kinds of carbon vinyl film on the market, the type you need for wrapping is a 3d cast vinyl that has no metalized film inside so it can be curved into compounds with a adhesive back that is scored as to let the air bubbles out it is simple to use and can be taken off and re applied ,as shown on the video clip if any body needs any info on vinyl plz message

#14 ·
hi i do vinyl signs for a living and there is different kinds of carbon vinyl film on the market, the type you need for wrapping is a 3d cast vinyl that has no metalized film inside so it can be curved into compounds with a adhesive back that is scored as to let the air bubbles out it is simple to use and can be taken off and re applied ,as shown on the video clip if any body needs any info on vinyl plz message

Bimmian.com 3M DI-NOC - Carbon Fiber Wrap - YouTube
Thats the stuff I use, pain around tight corners, but the quality is top notch, but you do pay for it.

#13 ·
Thanks for our reply and video it helped a bit learnt some things that i didnt know but in my opinion i just need to learn those different techniques of stretching and applying heat, and also use better film.:thumb: will make a new thread on the weekend about the dash where i had a lot of problems :)

#15 ·
yes it can be a pain sometimes but dont be scared of it is the main thing ,the more expensive 3m and most of the bubble free vinyls for wrapping will take a lot of heat and just goes really floppy .then just be careful you dont burn your self just touch it into place and as it cools start molding it into place .a thin pair of cotton gloves are ideal for this just watch out for the lint off them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.