Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have never owned a Peugeot before and am thinking about buy a 2006 model Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi Zenith 4dr with 26k miles. Automatic gearbox

The car is from a dealer, but I am still suspicious about the millage and I am not expert in cars, will just have to try and judge from the condition when I see it but the MOT history stacks up.

My main question is, is this year/model/engine prone to issues/faults?

It comes with a warranty but some warranties are probable not work the paper they are written on, so will have to check into that too.

Any advise most welcome
EBrant

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
2 litre HDI is a cracking engine, loved it in my 307. I think the 407 has a lot more power than my 110bhp, so it should be a joy to ride.

My concern based on what you've written is an 11 year old diesel has only done 26k. Does the 26k represent a lot of very short journeys or is it very few longer journeys?

The car would be no more prone to faults than any other - every car will have an inherent common issue somewhere. All I'd advise is that if you do buy the car, keep on top of the oil changes and other ongoing maintenance, using quality/premium oils and fluids

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
I too would be wary of such a low mileage this is not good for a diesel diesels are designed to be driven regularly and will work better if this is done.

It could well be overdue a timing belt as it is 110k OR 10 years i believe on that engine

It may not have been serviced in years due to the owner basing servicing on miles not time.

Brakes could be sticky due to lack of use things that should have worn out years ago have still to be replaced front frip joints are a known issue for example and lack of use will mean once pressed into regular use these will no doubt fall to bits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.