Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may already know I have just bought a 2005 307 sw XSi HDi 136 bhp version and have a running issue with it ( see my other thread http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/307-sw-xsi-hdi-136-smoking-badly-26335/).

Now after doing a bit of investigating yesterday, my PP2000 won't connect to my engine's ECU - it connects to everything else apart from this.

I took the lid off the engine bay fuse box to check fuses, and found the fuse box outer casing to be loose from the car body so looked further into it and i'm pretty sure I can see handwriting on the back of the ECU - says something like 2007 HDi?

I will confirm when I go out there this morning and investigate properly.

If my car has a non matching ECU, surely it wouldn't run?

Everything electrically inside and out of the car works as it should, I don't have any issues at all with the car apart from the non working turbo and bad smoke when cold.

I know on the BSI side of things it can be a right arse if you have the wrong one fitted or not matched to the ECU, but unsure of the other way around?

Can anyone confirm whether or not my car would run with the wrong ECU fitted?

Any experiences or advice would be a great help.

Many thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dunno the answer to your question..on the other hand did you check the pins of the OBD2 connector? Try taking the plug out and pushing the pins out from the behind of the plug. My PP2000 wouldn't read the engine ECU and this sorted it out:thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno the answer to your question..on the other hand did you check the pins of the OBD2 connector? Try taking the plug out and pushing the pins out from the behind of the plug. My PP2000 wouldn't read the engine ECU and this sorted it out:thumb:
Ok will do that as my first port of call, I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your reply. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
Ecu needs to be coded to the bsi so no if it has the wrong ecu it would not run if it has a replacement ecu that has been virginised it can be fitted to another car if this is done badly planet may not be able to read it.

Just because planet cannot see the ecu does not mean it is wrong or indeed faulty though

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update you I checked the plug and plugged PP2000 into it "relaxed" and it made no difference however I have learned something new today..............

Ecu needs to be coded to the bsi so no if it has the wrong ecu it would not run if it has a replacement ecu that has been virginised it can be fitted to another car if this is done badly planet may not be able to read it.

Just because planet cannot see the ecu does not mean it is wrong or indeed faulty though
After investigations today, I have found that the ECU is indeed a virginised replacement.

I spoke to the company who virginised it as there was a sticker on the unit and they confirmed this was done approx 18 months ago and assure me that it was exactly the same part number as the original - the original consequently wouldn't talk to Planet.

If I test by individual ECU, Planet does see it and gives me codes but if I do a global test Planet eventually tells me to fit the correct ECU?

Another interesting fact I was told today by the company who done the ECU, was the customer (previous owner at the time) had replaced the injectors to try and resolve a running problem - i'm wondering if these have been coded?

What I do know is they are in the wrong order because there are coloured dots on the top of each injector representing cylinder number - from the timing belt end it shows numbers 2-1-3-4?

On these engines is number 1 cylinder at the timing belt end or bell housing end?

I'm currently stripping down the intake system and cleaning it all so I may pop the injectors out, take down the numbers and recode them to the ECU to rule them out as being an issue.

Thanks for both of your replies guys :thumb:

Any advice any of you could give on the above that would be great.

Thanks again :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts