Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I’d appreciate your opinion on what a good price would be for a 5008 specced as follows:

- GT Line
- Diesel - 1.6L BlueHDi 120 EAT6 S&S 6-speed EAT
- Automatic
- 67 reg
- Pearlescent White
- Extras
o Sunroof
o Full leather
o Electric tailgate
o Focal hi-fi
- ~2,000 miles on clock / one previous owner
- Good condition

I’d really appreciate your thoughts on what a car with a spec like that would be worth.

Plus are there any extras that I should be mindful of?

Plus are there any watch-outs / things I should bear in mind?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi all

I’d appreciate your opinion on what a good price would be for a 5008 specced as follows:

- GT Line
- Diesel - 1.6L BlueHDi 120 EAT6 S&S 6-speed EAT
- Automatic
- 67 reg
- Pearlescent White
- Extras
o Sunroof
o Full leather
o Electric tailgate
o Focal hi-fi
- ~2,000 miles on clock / one previous owner
- Good condition

I’d really appreciate your thoughts on what a car with a spec like that would be worth.

Plus are there any extras that I should be mindful of?

Plus are there any watch-outs / things I should bear in mind?

Many thanks
Hi Matt,
unfortunately you're looking at a secondhand car when the model is still comparatively new. There is still a short waiting list for the new 3008 so these factors will keep the secondhand value quite high for the time being.

Just looked on Autotrader just now and although there isn't any white GT line the Allure s that's on there are fetching around £25K
In 12 months time you will probably be able to buy a 3008 the same age (under a year old) for £5k less. It's called supply and demand!!

I know this doesn't answer your question but I think you should answer it yourself by buying it at a price you're happy with. If you think it's too much then don't buy..

Grumpy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Matt,
unfortunately you're looking at a secondhand car when the model is still comparatively new. There is still a short waiting list for the new 3008 so these factors will keep the secondhand value quite high for the time being.

Just looked on Autotrader just now and although there isn't any white GT line the Allure s that's on there are fetching around £25K
In 12 months time you will probably be able to buy a 3008 the same age (under a year old) for £5k less. It's called supply and demand!!

I know this doesn't answer your question but I think you should answer it yourself by buying it at a price you're happy with. If you think it's too much then don't buy..

Grumpy.
Thanks Grumpy

This would be my first ever major car purchase, so i'm mainly look for reassurance that i wouldn't be making a big mistake.

The above 5008 (67 reg, registered Oct 17) is being offered to me for £31k.... which although it'll be second hand, I was thinking might be fair-ish value given the spec (GT line, leather, sunroof, focal, low mileage, automatic, pearlescent white)

....but perhaps i'm wrong / on the verge of being taken for a ride?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Thanks Grumpy

This would be my first ever major car purchase, so i'm mainly look for reassurance that i wouldn't be making a big mistake.

The above 5008 (67 reg, registered Oct 17) is being offered to me for £31k.... which although it'll be second hand, I was thinking might be fair-ish value given the spec (GT line, leather, sunroof, focal, low mileage, automatic, pearlescent white)

....but perhaps i'm wrong / on the verge of being taken for a ride?

thanks
It would be worth trying to spin them a story saying your finances won't allow you to go above £29k and see what happens. You have nothing to lose!
£31k seems a lot TBH considering there are new avcailable through agents for around that. Trouble with that is the wait :(

Grumpy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be worth trying to spin them a story saying your finances won't allow you to go above £29k and see what happens. You have nothing to lose!
£31k seems a lot TBH considering there are new avcailable through agents for around that. Trouble with that is the wait :(

Grumpy
Thanks - though I had a go at configuring the same spec on the peugeot website based upon a new car and the price was £37k (and a 12 week wait).

Or did you mean something else?

I'll certainly try to get the price down a bit more - just want to know if i'd be paying over the odds even at say £30k

cheers

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Really £37k? A new GT is only a little over £36k..

I think the car is worth what you're willing to pay for it. You obviously like the car you're looking at so try to get the price down as much as you can then buy it. After you bought it don't look back. Great car!

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Thanks - though I had a go at configuring the same spec on the peugeot website based upon a new car and the price was £37k (and a 12 week wait).

Or did you mean something else?

I'll certainly try to get the price down a bit more - just want to know if i'd be paying over the odds even at say £30k

cheers
If you look through the 3008 forum, there have been posts about buying from an agent. These are discount, internet based retailers that buy hundreds of cars at a time to get good discounts and pass on some of that discount to the customer. I've read some have got as much at 17% over dealers so may be worth a look if your not in a hurry.

Grumpy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really £37k? A new GT is only a little over £36k..

I think the car is worth what you're willing to pay for it. You obviously like the car you're looking at so try to get the price down as much as you can then buy it. After you bought it don't look back. Great car!

Grumpy
Yes, unless I've made an error somewhere along the lines. If you have a look at the image I've attached, the GT line specced with sunroof, leather, tailgate, focal comes to £37,465.

I couldn't specify the exact same engine as it seems the 1.6L diesel automatic has been replaced with a 1.5L diesel automatic - but close enough I would have thought

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Go have a chat with a few Peugeot Dealers for a new 5008. I doubt Peugeot would undercut the dealers, otherwise there would be no dealer network....

Haggle a good discount (go in there and make it known you are in the market to buy... not to try out) and depending on the price you get, go back to the used car and say, "look, a new car is only £xxxx, you'll have to do better because otherwise I would rather have a brand new 0 owner car"

Atleast that way, you know what a brand new one truly costs. As Grumpy says, don't discount the agents either, do your research.

Also the Peugeot 508 is being released soon enough too..... have a look at that model.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where’s best to look for 5008’s? I don’t want to wait 12 weeks for a new one, but autotrader has such a limited number available (for GTLine and upwards).

I’ve looked on the Peugeot used car area too, but with very limited success - it’s mostly just the same ones on autotrader

Are there any other good sites / apps to try?

(I have a wife and kids, so physically trawling them around various Peugeot dealerships is not a viable option)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts