Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Where do you guys and girls get your workshop manual from?

I am looking for one for my Boxer 2012 3.0 HDi

I need to replace the wing mirrors with long arm ones, easy enough to get to the mirror screws but the connector is buried deep behind the door card, I presume.

The interior is pristine and I don’t want to go digging at the plastic without knowing where the fastenings are and in which order to tackle it.

Quite happy to buy a manual, but don’t know where to start looking. Haynes don’t do vans unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You want the Peugeot Service Box Documentation (parts and repair procedures) and SEDRE (wiring diagrams and location drawings). Easiest way to get it is here. You will actually get the Peugeot databases for all cars and vans, irrespective of which model you click.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for that, I tried to download it but it's 12Gb, will try again tomorrow from work.. :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Regarding these e-manuals I am looking for one for a 2012 Expert 20 HDI, how comprehensive are they?

I am not looking for full engine / gearbox strip down but a useful manual with wiring info and fault codes would be ideal.

Have you experienced the dreaded Peugeot plastic dipstick tip snapping off?

Thanks for any feedback.

Andy

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
They are totally comprehensive as regards parts, and pretty good with illustrated repair procedures. The wiring diagrams are computer-based and also give component location.

They do not cover fault codes afaik. For that, Peugeot expect the use of Planet or Diagbox.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You want the Peugeot Service Box Documentation (parts and repair procedures) and SEDRE (wiring diagrams and location drawings). Easiest way to get it is here. You will actually get the Peugeot databases for all cars and vans, irrespective of which model you click.
They're not comprehensive at all. For instance, the speed sensor in the gearbox is not covered. They're very basic.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
They're not comprehensive at all. For instance, the speed sensor in the gearbox is not covered. They're very basic.
I think it is, but it is referred to as tachometer. What we normally call a tachometer (rev counter) is driven by an engine sensor (as you'd expect), but literally, a tachometer is a speed measurement device.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think it is, but it is referred to as tachometer. What we normally call a tachometer (rev counter) is driven by an engine sensor (as you'd expect), but literally, a tachometer is a speed measurement device.
There is a tachometer mentioned in gearbox section, they call it a screw not a sensor, and there is a drawing of one, but not where to locate it. IN terms of finding anything (you'd never know to search on "screw") and locating it (no description of it's location) the software is next to useless.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You can juts sign up for an online account, no need to download it
Unless you pay for the hourly/daily/weekly etc subscription online, you only get a fraction of the download version.

The download gives you FULL access. For example, the online version won't give you repair procedures. The download gives you it all.

It's about as comprehensive a package as you can get.

I have the Haynes desktop package and that is pants compared to the Servicebox download.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unless you pay for the hourly/daily/weekly etc subscription online, you only get a fraction of the download version.

The download gives you FULL access. For example, the online version won't give you repair procedures. The download gives you it all.

It's about as comprehensive a package as you can get.

I have the Haynes desktop package and that is pants compared to the Servicebox download.
Well I bought it some weeks ago and they sent me a link to about 30 PDF files. I complained loudly and eventually they sent me a link to the 12 gig download. I cann tell you that mine DOES NOT have everything in and there are literally only a handful of repair procedures.

The diagrams are awful as well for instance, if you want to find out where the speed sensor is on the gearbox for the odometer, you can't! It simply doesn't have the range of drawings that can show you where parts are located. I found the thermostat housing by accident, but when I went to replace the engine coolant temp sensor the drawing does not show clearly where it is located on the engine block, nor give any instructions as to how to replace it.
It also does not show the oil level sensor and where that's located.

As for the wiring diagram stuff they simply do not work. You need some code or other to input, I think it's a 5 digit engine number or something. I spent a half hour inputting various things and nothing at all worked.

I emailed them about it and they kept emailing back telling me how to work it but how to work it wasn't the issue. The issue was they tried to fob me off with a few PDF files first, then the software they eventually link you to download is utterly incomplete, and the wiring diagram simply doesn't work without some code that no-one can tell you what it is.

My advice is don't waste your money on this. Get a free subscription to service box on the web, and pay the £7 each time you really, really need the repair diagrams etc. emanuals online simply ripped me off.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You are largely wrong.

The wiring diagrams (SEDRE) do work, but not by accessing via the VIS - that only works for dealers with access to the Peugeot servers. You have to look up the details in the documentation, and put them into the SEDRE dialog boxes. The documentation does respond to the VIS, which is the last eight characters of the VIN.

The location of electrical components are, for most models, indicated in very clear drawings in the SEDRE.

There is a learning curve associated with these products, but, once you have mastered that, they are very valuable. Most people who have knuckled down to learn how, are very happy with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts