Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i've been told a wheel bearing will roar at you constantly when it is going. you could be hearing the PAS Pump working...mind did make a funny noise with right and left lock. just check your fluids and operation for servicability...could be just normal. :thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got the same and filled the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

Kroon Oil SP 3013

About €20 for a 1 litter container.

NOTE:::: You will probably only need a max of about 50 ml to top up your system

Do not over fill the reservoir as your will make bits of the pump and seals due to over pressure.

On the 307 sw HDI 1.6l the reservoir is next to (and just under) the filling pipe for the windscreen reservoir.

Just like your oil measurement stick there is an indicator on the cap from the hydraulic reservoir.

D

·
0 Posts
Hysteria said:
I got the same and filled the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

Kroon Oil SP 3013

About €20 for a 1 litter container.

NOTE:::: You will probably only need a max of about 50 ml to top up your system

Do not over fill the reservoir as your will make bits of the pump and seals due to over pressure.

On the 307 sw HDI 1.6l the reservoir is next to (and just under) the filling pipe for the windscreen reservoir.

Just like your oil measurement stick there is an indicator on the cap from the hydraulic reservoir.

You'll only need to top up the system if it is low. I doubt it is.
A faulty wheel bearing you will definetely hear and all the time. The whirring noise will increase or decrease with speed.

Hysteria, overfilling the reservoir will not cause an overpressurisation of the system. Overfilling of the electric powersteering is a cure for a problem on the 407 for vibration in the steering and aeration of the fluid in the 407 p/s system also.

·
Registered
176 Posts
davidireland said:
You'll only need to top up the system if it is low. I doubt it is.
A faulty wheel bearing you will definetely hear and all the time. The whirring noise will increase or decrease with speed.

Hysteria, overfilling the reservoir will not cause an overpressurisation of the system. Overfilling of the electric powersteering is a cure for a problem on the 407 for vibration in the steering and aeration of the fluid in the 407 p/s system also.
Well if I'm wrong about the overfilling then I apologise, I work as a maintenance engineer in a steel plant with pumps that are about the size of a 307 (closed hydraulic systems that are used to flatten steel)so I'm speaking from that knowledge base.
As for the noise (Quote) "i get a slight wooing sound when I put a bit of left hand lock on the steering" I had a wooing noise whenever I used full left hand or right hand lock. My local mechanic had a look for me and advised that I top up the hydraulic fluid.
I did what he recommended and the noise is now gone.

BTW Peugeot, Honda and a lot of other manufactures are direct clients of the plant where I work.
Here's a youtube of where I work (Koudwals 21 en 22)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkhdS9MUhIc&feature=related

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hysteria said:
Well if I'm wrong about the overfilling then I apologise, I work as a maintenance engineer in a steel plant with pumps that are about the size of a 307 (closed hydraulic systems that are used to flatten steel)so I'm speaking from that knowledge base.
As for the noise (Quote) "i get a slight wooing sound when I put a bit of left hand lock on the steering" I had a wooing noise whenever I used full left hand or right hand lock. My local mechanic had a look for me and advised that I top up the hydraulic fluid.
I did what he recommended and the noise is now gone.

BTW Peugeot, Honda and a lot of other manufactures are direct clients of the plant where I work.
Here's a youtube of where I work (Koudwals 21 en 22)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkhdS9MUhIc&feature=related
Sorry to laugh but that reminds me of a certain yellow dude sitting at a power plant :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Sorry to laugh but that reminds me of a certain yellow dude sitting at a power plant :lol:
HAHA :thumb: Did you know that he was voted the ideal father that most kids want in the US last year (or 2 years ago something like that):nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts