Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there im new to this forum but I would like some advice on my 307 110 hdi 2002 it's got a whirring/wooing noise coming from the engine bay it's more noticeable inside the car it's does this on idle and general driving and its bugging me its had cam belt done+water pump 10000 miles ago it's got me stumped

P

·
0 Posts
With the sudden rise in new members joining, demanding answers then leaving, you'll have to excuse someone making a joke every now and again. Issue has popped up many time so search function first. Failing that, check members map for nearest person with diagnostic kit who can give you a better idea of what is going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the sudden rise in new members joining, demanding answers then leaving, you'll have to excuse someone making a joke every now and again. Issue has popped up many time so search function first. Failing that, check members map for nearest person with diagnostic kit who can give you a better idea of what is going on.
Isn't a forum for people to share their experiences and knowledge without spending a fortune on diagnostics

P

·
0 Posts
Isn't a forum for people to share their experiences and knowledge without spending a fortune on diagnostics
Most members on here charge £15-£20 for a diagnostic with the proper kit. If you consider that a fortune prob best leaving now.

Many of us do share our knowledge on here, if you take a search you will undoubtedly find the solution to your current problems.

What you got to understand is that when shed loads of new people join and jump straight in asking for help, you are going to get a sarcastic response every now and again.

When i first joined, i was reading the 307 and general section for two months before even buying my 307. You quickly see what the common faults are and how to prevent/fix them yourself without asking.

·
11,961 Posts
If you want us to guess what it is from a vague description without seeing or hearing it first hand for you to throw replacement parts at it then I'm happy to do that:

Replace water pump or alternator or alternator pulleys as they may all be the culprit.

That should cost you a few hundred quid and is not guaranteed to sort it.

Do you now see where we're coming from?

Now, do you want to start again, maybe with some pleases or thank you's and give something back by posting in the introductions thread and you'll get much better responses. Sorry to be blunt but you need us a lot more than we need you.

We're not paid to answer questions so there's nothing in it for us, especially as over the past month we've been flooded with new members almost demanding answers without giving anything back.

And that's precisely why I and many others left another Peugeot forum, because this one was a friendly community where people stuck around, gave something back and even signed up not asking for instant help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want us to guess what it is from a vague description without seeing or hearing it first hand for you to throw replacement parts at it then I'm happy to do that:

Replace water pump or alternator or alternator pulleys as they may all be the culprit.

That should cost you a few hundred quid and is not guaranteed to sort it.

Do you now see where we're coming from?

Now, do you want to start again, maybe with some pleases or thank you's and give something back by posting in the introductions thread and you'll get much better responses. Sorry to be blunt but you need us a lot more than we need you.

We're not paid to answer questions so there's nothing in it for us, especially as over the past month we've been flooded with new members almost demanding answers without giving anything back.

And that's precisely why I and many others left another Peugeot forum, because this one was a friendly community where people stuck around, gave something back and even signed up not asking for instant help.
Well I've been on a few forums in my time but ive never been insulted by keyboard hard men if you want to take the piss arrange to meet me, and as for your assumption all have been changed so go on dickhead what else can you come up with eh naff all and before you ban me I'm deleting my profile tosser

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I've been on a few forums in my time but ive never been insulted by keyboard hard men if you want to take the piss arrange to meet me, and as for your assumption all have been changed so go on dickhead what else can you come up with eh naff all and before you ban me I'm deleting my profile tosser
What a knob.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If i understand the question right it should be sonḿething spinning doing this noise. Since its doing it when the car is stationary there must be something on the engine.
Go to a quiet environment and bring a helper and listen carefully on everything and look for wearmarks on our belts.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi there im new to this forum but I would like some advice on my 307 110 hdi 2002 it's got a whirring/wooing noise coming from the engine bay it's more noticeable inside the car it's does this on idle and general driving and its bugging me its had cam belt done+water pump 10000 miles ago it's got me stumped
1. No introduction post

2. probably haven't searched, there's tons of threads about engine noises, I know I've posted in a few

3. a video or something similar would help, what sounds odd to you might sound normal to others

4. getting moody when you don't get a serious answer and abusing regulars, do you know how many drive-by posters we get here?

5. not even a thanks in advance!

So yeah, don't get a gob on when you don't get a serious answer, the regulars here spend a lot of time giving advice to people who never return or give a thanks/follow up thread, its our personal time we are using to help others here

Thread closed

PS... calling someone a keyboard hard man while yourself acting as a keyboard hard man....yeah.... :nono:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.