Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Bought PP today, very happy. Not had a play as yet, planning on doing that tomorrow.
Mainly bought because had seen the infamous anti pollution fault appear a few times recently. Peugeot dealer wanted £75 just to look at it, so a no brainer to put that money towards buying PP.
Looked around for posts related to PP as after using to check fault, wondered what else it is worth using this for. Looks like the next thing is to buy a button that allows the fuel consumption to be displayed. Guess this will be on fleabay?

Just wondered if anyone can suggest other things worth doing with PP?

I've no idea how to use this as yet, but hopefully won't find it too difficult with the help of my pug friends here :thumb:

Welcome to add me to your list of owners. Think I attempted to add myself to your map. I'm in Weston Super Mare.

Regards

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for adding :) I'll make sure I go careful. Looks like a powerful bit of software, sure to do damage if used carelessly. Cheers for the tip

Update: Just installed and activated pp2000 V22:14 sucessfully. Do I need to install Lexia 3 V45? Or is that only for Citroens??
I've also got a folder on the disc called PROXIA3_43, unsure whether I need that also?

Oh and what about these below too

PP2000_Update_23.66

Lexia_Update_346.68

Sorry if this is a dumb question. The PP2000 all looks fine, and asks me to connect to the car, so that all seems well. So unsure whether I needed to install anything else.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
mrpaul said:
Thanks for adding :) I'll make sure I go careful. Looks like a powerful bit of software, sure to do damage if used carelessly. Cheers for the tip

Update: Just installed and activated pp2000 V22:14 sucessfully. Do I need to install Lexia 3 V45? Or is that only for Citroens??
I've also got a folder on the disc called PROXIA3_43, unsure whether I need that also?

Oh and what about these below too

PP2000_Update_23.66

Lexia_Update_346.68

Sorry if this is a dumb question. The PP2000 all looks fine, and asks me to connect to the car, so that all seems well. So unsure whether I needed to install anything else.

Thanks for any help.
Lexia is only for Citroen ,close pp down hit the pp update it`ll run and then next time you open pp it should be updated.
Proxia is Citroen aswell.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you bettyswollocks. I have installed and updated all, including Citroen. Looks as though after the update you have to activate again.

Anyhow, I wasn't sure whether to post my pp results here or start a new thread.
Had some trouble, not sure if it was software or hardware. I couldn't get the pp diagram option to open.We don`t have that option you need to be connected to Peugeot main Server. It kept saying "Impossible to launch the application. Try again" No matter what I did, it wouldn't load. So choose the second option pp2000 and that opened and ask for build number. That seemed to work, although did have problem in here too, saying "Ecu did not reply" Then after closing software and reopening it would work.

Wasn't too sure how to check for the "anti pollution" fault I've been receiving.Generic name for any fault , like ones below. Fumbled my way to a global options and this done some checking and did find some faults. Here's what pp found;

1.Instrument Panel: Remote permanent fault. Oil temperature information. Incorrect value received.Common
2.Engine ECU: Permanent fault. EGR circuit. Airflow measured higher than recommended.Would worry if you lost power
3.Engine ECU: Intermittent fault. Accelerator pedal signal. Short circuit to positive or open circuit on wire 1.Clear these faults to see if they come back .
4.Engine ECU: Intermittent fault. Accelerator pedal signal. Short circuit to positive or open circuit on wire 2.
5.Engine ECU: Intermittent fault. Accelerator pedal signal. Coherence between 1 and 2 wire.

Although of course I won't to repair all faults above. Are any serious? Which could be causing the "Anti pollution fault" message?EGR ?

Also noticed when I go into Peugeot Planet 2000. I'm presented with two listings. They say " Vanity Mirror" and "Rear accessories socket". Both have a box next to them which I can put a "x" in or left blank. Wasn't sure what to do.I usually just hit back a page
When looking around at the other reading from my car. It says gears Automatic, but my car is manual.Normal

The only things I changed today was to switch on the mile/fuel readings (although I need to find a button to use it) and changed that from kilometres to miles. Made no other changes.

I understand I'm asking alot of different questions here, and I'll keep looking around the net to see if others have had the same problem to save you guys/girls repeating yourselves. Of course any help received would be appreciated.
Paul

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd be inclined to go for 2 to sort out your AP fault, that was the cause of mine, it could be a stuck egr valve. or as simple as a split hose/electrovalve fault.
i have same model 307. 2.0 2003
Im not sure if your pedal fault will put the AP fault on

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you...again :)
So looks like I need to watch out with power loss. I have had a bit of juddering when sat at traffic lights before. Tomorrow, I'll clear the faults you've mention, guess I have the option to select which ones to keep or delete.
Not sure if you'll remember, but I had a thread about "Wet Carpet". This has now been repaired due to windscreen leak. I'm just wondering if the short circuit fault with wires under pedal, could of been to do with the water logged floor maybe?

Do we have the measurement option working in our pp? Everything I choose in there, said something like, have nothing to measure with(or such like, can not remember exact what this had read). Has the o2 sensors reading options etc.

So now I have read my faults is there anything that can be done to resolve the EGR fault?

Oh and is it safe to switch on the internet now I have this software installed? was concerned it may tell me there is an update available and try and download it.

It's ok bettyswollocks, I don't expect you to answer all my problems....although I'm very thankful for you kind help.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
You can take it off and clean it or if it goes its £80/£90 plus vat for new one from dealers , priced one yesterday, go into different ecu`s and look for parameters ,take your pick start the car and see what you need , it`ll take a little time but if you don`t go mad it`ll get easy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not wanting to tread on bettyswollocks toes here but you can check it's free by applying vaccum to the hose controlling it, you'll have to disconnect the exhaust and the lower engine support to flip engine forward enough to access egr for removal.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
stvstx said:
Not wanting to tread on bettyswollocks toes here but you can check it's free by applying vaccum to the hose controlling it, you'll have to disconnect the exhaust and the lower engine support to flip engine forward enough to access egr for removal.
All advice is welcome , i wear steel toecaps so no worries there:thumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
to trouble shoot egr you have to understand how it is used on a 307.
so in short, from what i can gather from fixing mine.
engine ecu gets no feed back directly from egr it calculates its position from comparing figures from Mass airflow sensor and the manifold absolute pressure sensor.
vaccum drawn by the engine vaccum generator for brake assistance is bled off to be used for control of engine valves. it is fed to a holding tank attatched to the gearbox and then to electrovalves that are pulsed by the engine ecu to control position of egr valve.

·
Registered
165 Posts
to check the electrovalves the resistance accross the pins should be 5-15 ohms,
they are simply a 3 way valve. when deactivated vaccum is directly applied to the valve connection the upper and middle port.
and when activated they connect the vaccum to a vent on the side and dump it in the same way as a turbo dump valve works. the egr electrovalve can be identified by a blue plug. the electrovalves are interchangable and there could be up to 4 fitted depending on engine.
any splits or leaks in the system and it all goes pete tong.
check your hoses and connections before writing off the egr valve, but that is the usual first step in trouble shooting egr is to change that first. it is the most difficult item in the system to change though
sand ingress and broken wires at the back of the plugs are not unheard of, you can activate the valve through your peugeot planet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bettyswollocks :thumb:

Thanks Stvstx too.
Very informative, although I'm a complete novice when it come to cars. I'm ok with following "how to's", but this sounds like a job for the professional!
Be keen to look into giving the EGR a clean though. Got to worth a try, although looking around the net, the outcome normally comes down the the EGR in need of replacing.

My car is not really suffering from anything, other than receiving the "Anti-pollution fault" message. I've only received this message 3 times in 7 months. Seems to disappear after turning off and restarting car. Want to fix the fault though, and seems like it's due to the fault pp2000 found today.

stvstx said:
engine ecu gets no feed back directly from egr it calculates its position from comparing figures from Mass airflow sensor and the manifold absolute pressure sensor.
Can these sensors be cleaned too? Is it possible these could be giving out false figures?

On another note, now I've activated my fuel/miles function. What is the correct part number or name I need to buy? I know it's a button of some sort. When looking on fleabay I'm mainly finding the whole comm 2000 unit I believe it's called. Athough I do need to at some point replace my radio stalk, as the volume decrease and the turning down buttons don't function on mine.

What's that ABBA song? "♫ Money, Money, Money ♪ :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
the airflow sensor can be cleaned but only with Isopropyl Alcohol, or something that leaves no residue, don't be tempted to touch it, the grease on your fingers is enough to ruin it. The MAP lives on top of the intercooler, just forward of the battery, and is a pressure sensor. You can take the airflow sensor out of the equation by unplugging it and the engine ECU will look up the values it needs to run from a default map.
i suggest checking hoses and for the effort involved maybe a shiny new EGR could be a start.
sorry if my answers are a bit technical.
Not sure if you can get the switch without the comms 2000 unit. unless you find one on a broken one or slip it in your pocket in a breakers yard, not that i condone that
but i'm sure they won't sell you it on its own.
When your using planet if you click on a fault and then click on the info at the bottom of the page it will display a snap shot of when the fault occurred along with a P code.
it's often useful to post this code

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers stvstx.
Yes, may look straight at getting an EGR if they are not too expensive. Is there an online shop most of this forum would use/recommend?

Nice tip on getting the P numbers for the fault. I've seen other threads mention them, and had wondered now I have the fantastic PP2000, why I wasn't seeing these codes too. Never used this software before and will trawl through the pp2000 tips in a sticky thread I think I've seen on here. Think it's a case of, now I have this pp kit, I want to find ways of using it.

Maybe worth being patient on the button switch that I need. It's not urgent, and someone on here may end up selling one at a later date.

Thanks for all the help received, you are a star ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
PP2000 is a maze of menu's it's a very complex bit of software and most of the things you do will just be experience and playing with it. most people use
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Peugeot_citroen_fault_codes
as a reference for the codes. if you do a bit more digging on the codes you can get trouble shooting procedures off the net too.
as far as i am aware there is no manual as such freely available. and in the right hands worth it's weight in gold. every Pug owner who wants to look after there own modern Pug should have one.
I've got an OPCOM as well for vauxhalls and it has a much more logical layout of menu's. took me a week to figure out how to do most things. i put that down to it being french!! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Stvsx. I have managed to get the codes from pp2000. I took photos too as there were alot of info with the codes.
Here are the photos:

Hopefully you are able to view them correctly. I have now cleared all the codes in the Engine ecu, that took some doing too. Kept saying clearing codes, but they were still there on a rescan. Eventually it asked for me to turn ignition off and on, and that cleared them. All apart from the oil instrument fault. That wouldn't clear!
I'll leave it a few weeks and will check again for faults. I'm hoping the short circuit wire faults may of been due to then windscreen letting rain into the car, running down behind the drivers console. The windscreen has been replaced, so no more rain is getting in.

I'm finding PP2000 a bit temperamental. Keeps saying not connected when it is. I reboot and switch on and off the ignition and still says not connected. Then all of a sudden it'll work. Guess that is just software for you. Unless I've a bogus gremlin when installed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, be careful what you change, I was in locking settings and clicked something that made my doors not want to lock.

Is there somewhere in planet you can see your coolant and oil levels. I know you can view your fuel tank level but what about the rest???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts