Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a little bit of a problem
My Peugeot 307 1.4 hdi doesn't start when turning the key
Battery & safe starter cranking good
However if ill push it and start it on gear, it works perfectly
Someone has an idea what the problem can be ?

Thanks ! :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi has the car had a fuel filter recently?

ive had this happen on a 307 1.6 hdi it hadnt had a fuel filter in 4 years replaced it 4 months ago still starting on the button

if filter is dirty or contaminated ie with moisture it will cause issues.

hope this helps.

cheers scootay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

So how come when I start it on the gear, it works perfect ?
Because if it would be fuel filter, in my opinion , it wont accelerate.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
What harm in checking. Someone tries to help and you get aggressive with him. Not very good form to have a go at people who are trying to help you. I'll keep my ideas to myself in case you have a pop at me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello
Im so sorry if i sounded rude- for sure i didnt mean to! ..it is only a little bit difficult for me to speak and explain in english thats why ..i want to thank you for getting back to me and at no time i wanted to be rude with you... i just did a statement because i dont know if it makes any difference since when starting it on the gear it works perfect...
Once again i apologize if i sounded rude to you and thank you for your reply

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have u tried starting with lights on see if they dim excessively when trying to start with key show what previous reply said with voltage drop/bad battery even I it sounds like its cranking good

·
Registered
127 Posts
My first port of call would be to check the condition of the battery with a volt meter.A battery in good working order should read at least 12.5 volts,anything below 12.4 volts then the battery is below what it should be.With high compression diesel units you will need your battery in top condition,if not you can expect problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts