Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang :D,

Leapt into the car this morning, eager to get into work, the engine started - great. Couple of seconds later it stalled. Turned the key 2 more times - nothing. Went back into the bungalow for a good sulk. Sulk over, came out 5 mins later and the little rascal starts. Idle is a little lumpy, I can tell that the engine is rocking a little when it is normally still. Damn, I thought, I'll have to go to work now.

Thing is, it only does this after a nights rain. My driveway is sloped, and I park facing up the driveway - suggesting rain is getting into the electrics perhaps.

Anyone come across this before?

307's really are crap aren't they.

Ta:thumb:

P

·
0 Posts
Hi Gang :D,

Leapt into the car this morning, eager to get into work, the engine started - great. Couple of seconds later it stalled. Turned the key 2 more times - nothing. Went back into the bungalow for a good sulk. Sulk over, came out 5 mins later and the little rascal starts. Idle is a little lumpy, I can tell that the engine is rocking a little when it is normally still. Damn, I thought, I'll have to go to work now.

Thing is, it only does this after a nights rain. My driveway is sloped, and I park facing up the driveway - suggesting rain is getting into the electrics perhaps.

Anyone come across this before?

307's really are crap aren't they.

Ta:thumb:

The 307's are brilliant. Maybe worth doing a diagnostic, making sure nothing showing up. When my 307 was rocking a bit, turned out the be the diesel temperature sensor. Easy replacement and fixed very fast.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No eml's - the car starts, ticks over for 5 seconds and then dies. The engine then cranks - but all I can see is the radio display starting to dim.

A couple of weeks ago, I got an anti pollution fault - but again we had just had a night of rain. Stop and restart and the fault goes away.

A good thrash down the motorway seems to stop the engine rocking.

Motor is now reversed onto the driveway.

Wouldn't recommend the 307 - I've never had so much trouble with a car. It's back to vauxhall when this one finally croaks it.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Wouldn't recommend the 307 - I've never had so much trouble with a car. It's back to vauxhall when this one finally croaks it.:thumb:
Good luck with that, I've haad several vauxhalls as company cars ranging from a couple of years old to brand new when I got them and not one of them have been anywhere near as good as my 7 year old 307. The corsa I've got as a courtesy car is on a 62 plate and is quite possibly the worst car I have driven in the past 6 years. Almost as bad as the focus hatch from around the early 2000's

·
11,725 Posts
Ive had three 307s, all three have been fantastic. I go to another model but end up going back to the 307. My next one will certainly be one.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll just reverse it on to the driveway.

Perhaps a good dose of wd40 will help with the damp.

In that Top Gear survey - didn't the 307 come out bottom of the list on owner satisfaction - something like 97th worst out of 100 cars - we'll I'm with them lot :)

P

·
0 Posts
I'll just reverse it on to the driveway.

Perhaps a good dose of wd40 will help with the damp.

In that Top Gear survey - didn't the 307 come out bottom of the list on owner satisfaction - something like 97th worst out of 100 cars - we'll I'm with them lot :)
Trouble is, whenever someone has a problem, they seem to cry about it to loooooads of people. Yet whenever everything is ok they're quiet as anything. 307 isn't perfect, but pretty much all of the faults can be sorted after a read of haynes book or a look on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts