Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a d turbo 306 estate r reg got a bad wobble on my front end can feel it through the steering goes right up when i speed up i think it cud be a drive shaft anyone got any advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi.
sounds like a couple faults to check out.
start with the brakes - pats and shoes. cheakc the pats - may worn up. cylinder may not going in and out proper - seast.
if all this fails, you may going to more advanced parts as bottom track rods, may worn out, or tracking rods not proper adjusted, you see this when you look at it. if recently changed the may never adjusted them. if they worn the rubber looks as it is broke around it.
easy to see.
and after this is all ok we going to garage jobs. such as driveshaft loose, worn out or bend. in worst cenario you find out the steering rack or box is faulty.
check all this and see what it is.
you may just need to replace 1 or bothe tyres as they worn on some places or need more air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers it isnt the brakes it feels like the wheels buckled butit isnt just hope its not to costly

·
Registered
2 Posts
the only otherway is carry on with your search as i sayd.
i had it on a van so thats all i looked for untill i found it. and on mine it was brakediscs.
what area do you live? may can recommend a garage !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im in cheshire goin get my mate look at it tomoz hes got a citroen garage fingers crossed he finds it and it isnt the shaft

S

·
0 Posts
i take it you've had the simplest explanation done and had the wheels balanced?

C

·
0 Posts
If it has alloys then I can tell you the cause right now. Very common.

S

·
0 Posts
If its the same problem i have its the bloody thing throwing wheel weights left right and center! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WELL lads its sorted for the price of a tyre as the old 1 had a bad egg in it thanks for the advice it seems i got myself a nice bargainn for the price of a tyre thanks again for the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alrite mate. Well to be honest with you id first check the wheel balancing, go to a garage and get them to re-balance your wheels, and get the to do the tracking aswell.
I had same problem when i bought my 306 old woman had it before me and she must of hit every curb when she wad driving. The £25 later after wheels re-balanced and tracking done it was fine. hope this helps cheers:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts