Peugeot Forums banner

Wishbones for 407

882 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  robbie77 
#1 ·
Ordered a genuine Peugeot wishbone and had it delivered. Stripped the old one off the car and started to fit the new one. Problem. It didn't fit. Genuine om part and it doesn't fit my car although it is advertised to fit my car. Fitted the centre bolt through the middle bush. Got a bolt into the end bush and tried to get the second bolt in but it was sliding up the side of the bush. Took it all back off and found that the end bush was a good bit shorter on the new one. Strange. Looked all over the Internet and they all look the same as the genuine one apart from one. It is a meyle wishbone £118 and advertised to fit my car and I have emailed them to ask for the fixing centers sizes. The holes were about an inch at least out. Seems weird . Anyone know if the are different sizes end bushes for this car? Keep you informed when more info comes in.

#2 ·
Apparently there are two different wishbone ends. One is for aluminium suspension and the one that I am after is for steel suspension. Judging by the wishbones for sale it looks like mine is a steel suspension. I wonder if that is because it is classed as a sport model, even though the name sport is really only a name due to some of the refinements. Time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.