Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i am new to this forum and i hope i can share my experience with you, but in the meanwhile i need your help on working my new autolight rain sensor ive just bought which was not an option in the car but i wanted to add it so i wanted to know which wires to attach to the bsi cable, i already bought the sensor with its plug and wires but they are cut and they are about 4 wires so if any one could show me a pic of his wirings from the sensor to the bsi that would be a generousity from him, thanks in advance ?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If it wasn't an option then it's likely the software may not support it being retrofitted.

I know that there are 307's that have the auto lights/wipers fitted so it was an option on some so maybe you just mean it didn't leave the factory with the options fitted rather than it wasn't an available option for the trim level of the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, its a 2008 reg and i have enabled it via peugeot planet 2000 and all the late models have the same bsi it only differs with wirings depending on the options the car is equiped with

·
Registered
687 Posts
Have a look on service box as it could be that you need to fit a new fascia loom to get this to work. Sometimes you can be lucky and find you have a loom that can take upgrades already. Check what you have on the car already and them look generally at what different looms are available for which options.

I say this as I fancied fitting an OEM alarm (as per one of the threads here) but found that I only had some of the connections available in the cabin and none of them in the engine bay.....point is, there are different looms for different options

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
My initial post was simply because of the way the question was worded. It read like auto lights wasn't an option offered for the car rather than it left the factory without this option which was available.

The auto lights / rain sensor would have connectors near to the cabin / map reading lights so the first port of call would be to see if there are any spare connectors tucked away inside the roof lining. If there are then you should be good to go.

According to Haynes......

Rain Sensor pin 1 goes to a white 40 pin connector on the BSI pin 14
Pin 3 to the white 40 pin connector pin3
Pin 2 to ground

Lights sensor Pin 1 to a grey 40 pin connector on BSI pin 8
Pin 2 to grey 40 pin connector pin 6

However the service box wiring diagram shows the light & rain sensor as having a 4 pin connector connecting to BSI 1 connector as follows

sensor pin 1 to BSI connector pin 4 (+12volt supply via BSI Fuse F13)
sensor pin 2 to BSI connector pin 24
sensor pin 4 to BSI connector pin 26
Sensor pin 3 to ground

·
Registered
596 Posts
My initial post was simply because of the way the question was worded. It read like auto lights wasn't an option offered for the car rather than it left the factory without this option which was available.

The auto lights / rain sensor would have connectors near to the cabin / map reading lights so the first port of call would be to see if there are any spare connectors tucked away inside the roof lining. If there are then you should be good to go.

According to Haynes......

Rain Sensor pin 1 goes to a white 40 pin connector on the BSI pin 14
Pin 3 to the white 40 pin connector pin3
Pin 2 to ground

Lights sensor Pin 1 to a grey 40 pin connector on BSI pin 8
Pin 2 to grey 40 pin connector pin 6

However the service box wiring diagram shows the light & rain sensor as having a 4 pin connector connecting to BSI 1 connector as follows

sensor pin 1 to BSI connector pin 4 (+12volt supply via BSI Fuse F13)
sensor pin 2 to BSI connector pin 24
sensor pin 4 to BSI connector pin 26
Sensor pin 3 to ground

There are two types of sensors, the old rain only ROUND ones, and the new RAIN+LIGHT square ones.

So both haynes and servicebox might correct, but for his car, if you inputed correctly on service box, he might need the square one, and it's connections.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too, am thinking that I might add the rain/light sensor to my 307cc 2005 (facelift) as it didn't come from the factory ass standard. So I guess I am right in thinking step one would be to look for the wiring and connector near the courtesy light. If its there I should be good to go, but I will also need to add the stalk as there is no button in the end of mine. One other question I have though is, will it really matter what sensor I buy as they look like they have a generic connector..?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
They don't have a common connector.

The combined rain/lights sensor will connect to a single plug near the interior licht which will then be wired into a single plug to connect to the BSI whereas the seperate sensors will connect to two plugs near the interior light which are wired to two different plugs to connect to the BSI.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
So - assuming there is only one connector and you fit just the rain sensor then where would the light sensor connect to ??

I would guess that if only one connector then it requires the dual sensor whereas if there are two connectors you would need individual sensors.

If the car is meant for a combined sensor there is no guarantee that the single sensor would be wired the right way to work even with the same connector plug.

Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks really for the help, but i just dont know if the sensor i have is a dual sensor or a single one but looks the same as the one in the pic mentioned before the square one so if its a dual sensor what would the connections to the bsi ?? And will the antireflection mirror work once the wires are connected ti bsi? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
No Idea. I believe the illuminated mirrors on sun visors plug into the interior light but would expect two wires. The white plug with a green and a blue wire could be the single light sensor as that is the only one that is described as having two wires. It could also be for the auto dimming mirror.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Makes sense, ground, 12V, headlight signal.

I might have to remove mine (again) and see if i don't have the looms hidden there, but being a SW, i highly doubt it :)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Cab't see why the auto dimming mirror would need a signal from the headlight. It has a sensor built in to dim the mirror when the light from a following vehicle hits it. All it would need is power and ground to power the switching circuit & sensor. I've never had a car with auto dimming so no first hand experience.

Never heard of an anti reflection mirror - surely the whole point of a mirror is to reflect the light hitting it or it wouldn't be a mirror. If you mean an anti dazzle mirror then surely that is exactly the same thing as the auto dimming mirror?

Only trying to help - I provided the wiring info from Haynes and an alternate wiring diagram from servicebox which is what the original request was for. If the connectors aren't in place and / or the purpose of the existing spare connectors cannot be ascertained then the alternate solution would be to run new cables from the sensors to the BSI with the wires fitted to the appropriate plugs at each end.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't have a auto dimming either, only quoting what i've read around here.
As for the headlight wire, think about this:

Middle of the day, summer. You're cruising and a reflection from a car elsewhere hits the sensor - Bang, instant darkened mirror.

Middle of the night, you're trying to park the car on the street, but another car was coming in your direction at and it's lights hit the sensor - Bang, instant darkened mirror, and you can't use it to park.

The BSI uses this 3rd wire to actually tell the mirror when not to dim under any circunstances.

Regarding the looms, if they're not present, i recon it would be too much of a hassle to tun new cables into the BSI (and risky)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts