Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im looking for the electric wiring diagram for the brakepad sensor for my 407. The previous owner has cut away the intire plug that you insert the brakepads sensor in:confused:(God knows why) So now I only see a red and green wire.
Or if anybody could explain the function of the system I would be a big help!

·
Registered
909 Posts
he has cut it away like i have as water gets in and you have a brake pad warning message on your screens, plus if like mine it beeps constantly every second or two. If you like me and most other and you wash your car weekly etc then you have a look at the pads as you wash your wheels and worn pads should never be an issue.

·
5,867 Posts
I am sure that the two wires are joined together by a small copper link in the pad or in clip on sensor, when pad wears down link is broken and puts on light.

People often cut plugs off to join wires together to clear warning, numpties cut plug off harness side so not an easy repair, if the cut on pad side and join wires you can just replace with correct pads or new sensor and plug into harness

·
Registered
909 Posts
i cut the wires off my pads and disconnected from the plug. They work by the pads havin a metal disc in them, as the pad wears out the metal disc makes contact with the brake disc and thus earthing out, creating a circuit. But what sometimes happens is water gets into the wires and they earth out on the caliper. Hence removal of offending wires

·
5,027 Posts
That reminds me. Job For tomorrow. 407 number 3 and still have these connected only till tomorrow tho

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi all,

There you go, there's a lesson for all. Always slap some grease round the connectors when you plug the new ones in to the sensor wires. I found this out the hard way on a 407. Had to cut the cable due to water ingress or change a chunk of wiring loom.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!
Now understand more why this is done on my car.
See what I will do about it, but sounds easiest just to ignore it at check the pads manually from time to time :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts