Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Thanks for a good forum.

I am experiencing problems with ESP and Additive ECU.
For the ESP, PP2000 faults are:
Flywheel angle sensor. Internal fault
Communication with the steering wheel angle sensor. Incorect value received

Steering wheel angle says 720deg to the left when the reading should be 0deg.

For Additive ECU, communication to the ECU is lost and replacing the ECU under the dashboard did not solve the issue.
I have a couple of times in the past been able to "solve" the issue by removing the connectors in the fusebox near the battery, but it does not help anymore.

I expect I might be facing wiring harness issues or connection issues which is why I need the wiring diagram to check connections.
I am an electronic engineer and do have access to the necessary measuring equipment but I do not have access to a CAN analyzer.

Any help is highly appreciated, thanks
Peter

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You can get free diagrams on the net but also available from Peugeot.

Peugeot Service Box
You have to register as an 'independent garage' and pay a few £ for an hours use. Make sure printer has ink and paper.
At least you will have more chance understanding them than me!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hi All

Thanks for a good forum.

I am experiencing problems with ESP and Additive ECU.
For the ESP, PP2000 faults are:
Flywheel angle sensor. Internal fault
Communication with the steering wheel angle sensor. Incorect value received

Steering wheel angle says 720deg to the left when the reading should be 0deg.

For Additive ECU, communication to the ECU is lost and replacing the ECU under the dashboard did not solve the issue.
I have a couple of times in the past been able to "solve" the issue by removing the connectors in the fusebox near the battery, but it does not help anymore.

I expect I might be facing wiring harness issues or connection issues which is why I need the wiring diagram to check connections.
I am an electronic engineer and do have access to the necessary measuring equipment but I do not have access to a CAN analyzer.

Any help is highly appreciated, thanks
Peter
If you post the last 8 of your VIN, I could get hold of them for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.

@Jimmymarsbar, thanks, my VIN is VF36D9HZC21140297.

I will send you a PM with my email and Dropbox, it is probably easier to upload or email it I guess.

EDIT, I cannot send PMs, I have too few posts, sorry.

You can use this email: peugeot407diesel (a) gmail.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim for helping.

I solved the Additive ECU comm issue, it was probably poor connection in the connectors.

It looks like I have similar problems as was discussed here.

I get C1135 and C1388 faults and cannot calibrate the steering wheel sensor, the issue is the same with the "new" unit.

I replaced my old unit with a "new" (secondhand from a wrecked car), it was a little newer and had newer release of software in it:

Old unit, date 02.11.2004, partno 96473051XT, software V2.0
New unit, date 21.04.2006, partno 96611304XT, software V3.0

Does anyone know if my "New" unit are supposed to work even if it is newer and have newer software, version 3.0 vs version 2.0 on my original unit, I expect it should work ?

I cannot calibrate my old or my "new" steering wheel sensor, also, it seems Diagbox 7.62 does not have the de-calibration function as in the older PP2000, can anyone confirm the de-calibration is included in the "calibration" performed with Diagbox 7.62 ?

Is there any way to narrow down what part is defective, BSI1, PSF1, COM2003, ESP ECU, wiring ?

Does the fact that I can read and clear faults in the ESP ECU mean this cannot be an issue with that ECU or communication to it ?

Does the tester communicate through some kind of bridge (e.g. BSI1) when it communicates with the different CANbusses in the car, can this somehow be faulty ?

Does the fact that I can communicate with the ESP ECU from the tester mean that the CANbus signal path is working as expected and is it the same connection used between e.g. BSI1 and ESP ECU as used by Steering wheel sensor communication between COM2003 and ESP ECU ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts