Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm of the understanding that to have my iPhone connected it must be plugged in.
I hope there will be a firmware update to allow wireless CarPlay. The GT-line I have on order has a charging plate & this I know would need an iPhone charging case to work. BMW have released their latest motors with wireless CarPlay & I hope Peugeot haven't missed out.
I know it's no big deal to plug your phone in every time but with a car that has so much tec fitted it would have been nice to leave my phone in a pocket or bag.

· Registered
204 Posts
I agree, this is something I would love to see too.

I would then be able to get a qi charging cover for my iPhone and job done!

It would appear that with wifi and Bluetooth already in the hardware, it would just require a software patch to incorporate this....?

· Registered
1,423 Posts
I believe BMW are the only manufacturer to have wireless car play, although VW are expected to launch cars with it soon. Fingers crossed Peugeot come up with a solution, but maybe it's something they will only launch in new cars when the time comes.

· Registered
204 Posts
I believe BMW are the only manufacturer to have wireless car play, although VW are expected to launch cars with it soon.
I think that's right, BMW's unit is produced by Harman/Samsung (who also make VW units). Do you know which manufacturer make the Peugeot system?

Alpine also do an aftermarket unit with wireless carplay, so it would not appear there is any exclusivity deal with BMW or similar....

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Considering most people on this forum are still awaiting delivery of their cars & the 3008 won What Car technology of the year award I hope when our cars eventually arrive we're not lagging behind other car manufacturers. I'm sure a software update will fix this.

· Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Lee - never heard of Arkamys before!

Considering most people on this forum are still awaiting delivery of their cars & the 3008 won What Car technology of the year award I hope when our cars eventually arrive we're not lagging behind other car manufacturers. I'm sure a software update will fix this.
You would hope so, however bare in mind that Nissan still sells today Juke's/Qashqui's/X Trail's without any carplay or android auto whatsoever.. Peugeot whilst not offering wireless, is at least on par with most manufacturers.

Wireless would be the cream on the cake!

· Registered
683 Posts
From what I understand wireless carplay works through the cars wifi which our cars have, Apple need to implement wireless carplay on its phones which I am hoping they will do with IOS 10. Not sure I don't know much about Android but Android Auto should also go wireless soon.

· Registered
204 Posts
Wireless carplay is already on IOS - go to settings/carplay and you will see it noted how to connect to such systems.

It's all down to Peugeot putting in a software upgrade on their side - apples side is done and ready...

· Registered
683 Posts
Wireless carplay is already on IOS - go to settings/carplay and you will see it noted how to connect to such systems.

It's all down to Peugeot putting in a software upgrade on their side - apples side is done and ready...
How right you are JupiterMan I never knew that, I'll get my coat and close the door.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Wireless carplay is already on IOS - go to settings/carplay and you will see it noted how to connect to such systems
Done that, my iPhone is stuck on searching for available cars!

Edit: Just realised it's not looking for cars that have wireless carplay that are available to buy, it's looking for a nearby car with wirless carplay available!

· Registered
544 Posts
Done that, my iPhone is stuck on searching for available cars!

Edit: Just realised it's not looking for cars that have wireless carplay that are available to buy, it's looking for a nearby car with wirless carplay available!
I've just looked at CarPlay in settings and it already identifies "My Car" as Peugeot Carline 7. Seeing as I'm still waiting for my car to be delivered the only Peugeot I can think it's identified is the one I test drove on the day the 3008 was launched. The chap who was showing me round the new car actually connected my iPhone to their car to show me what it does and it looks like it has never totally disconnected. I will just have to wait and see what happens when my car arrives but thanks for the ideas guys.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Maybe we will end up buying a mobile multimedia device and some will whistfully remember the days when it was simply called a car.

We all deserve to end up with autonomous mobile pods.

I'm old and grumpy

· Registered
8 Posts
iPhone 8 and X ... now with wireless charging !

Get my 3008 GT later this month. I am begging Peugeot to update the system for wireless car play.

Does anyone know if the Android version is wireless as lots of Android phones are already wireless charging enebled. This might give us a clue if it’s going to be possible with a sortware update as opposed to a new unit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.