Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 307 1.6 hdi which has just had a new engine bay fuse board fitted - everything working apart from windscreen wipers! would this suggest I need to do a BSI reset or could it just be that they never checked to see if all the fuses were ok?
I live in Doncaster if there is anyone local with PP that could help at all?

Thanks in advance

·
3,406 Posts
Hi..can you 'fill in' a bit of history for us...why was the fusebox replaced..and yes...a fuse check to see if all are ok and none are missing would be prudent...history of the 'new 'fuse box' ..was it from a working car ?..cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya.. Sorry!
Fusebox was replaced due to 'dry rot' I think they call it - anyways it was like the car was possessed. Engine would not turn off. Turns out issue was with F8 fuse on engine bay fuse board. New board was from a working car. Everything now all working apart from the front wipers. I'm thinking they may just have forgotten to check all the fuses or they did not do a BSI reset when they reconnected the battery.
I know the comms units are prone to going on Pugs as I previously had a 306 and a 206. Can I find the comms unit part number with just taking the steering wheel cowling off or do I need to take the comms unit out?

Prior to the fuse board issue the rear wiper wasn't working but the rear wash was and still is working

Hope this makes some sense!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok bit of an update - checked the fuse and that was ok but changed anyways just in case
Did a BSI reset and still no wipers at any speed
the Washers still work on both front and rear

Do i go down the comms unit route as I did manage to take the console apart and get the part number or down the wiper motor route next?

Advice appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply - all sorted.

it would help of course if some dim wit had checked the correct fuse ?

All sorted and wipers now working - well the front ones anyways.
I need to look into the back ones as its possible the spindle has seized - plenty of 2nd hand motors on ebay for these tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts