Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....last night round this 'ere neck of the woods...fairly chilly...let's just say that the brass monkeys were looking worried. This morning the car locks were solid ice and when I finally released them the doors were stuck to the door seals...but that's not why I write.

As you do, I pulled at the frozen wiper blade and hey presto - half the blade stuck to the window.

Finally managed to get into the car - it started straight away - so nipped over to the local Halfords.

Walked into the store.....'Have you got one of these blades my good man?" - I said. The shop assistant replied, 'Yes sir, that will be £17.99." I grudgingly paid up (as no wiper) and drove off. Just got home and looked on fleabay - same blade closer to a tenner - all blades £8 (make unknown). I feel as if I've been RIPPED OFF.

Anyway - both front blades on my car look to be 26" - but on fleabay it looks like one is 26 and one is 28? Is this right - or doesn't it really matter?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i had some cheap and nasty ones fitted to my car by the last owner. when i measured them they were both 26 inch.

i just ordered 2 bosch 26 inch flat wipers from euro car parts for about £18

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
where the wiper overlaps in the middle of the screen with the 28 inch you will have about 2 cm more surface there. wont make hardly any difference in the middle of the screen

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ta - will stick with 26" on both.

Same Bosch super plus blade - £9.99 (inc. delivery) from fleabay - £17.99 from Halfords (exc.delivery).

Halfords seem to get you on that basis that you need the part there and then - thinking in terms of bulbs etc.

Profiteering, pure and simple.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I bought these 18 months ago, and they have been (and still are) superb.

Peugeot 307 01-04 Retro Fit Flat AERO VU Windshield Wiper Blades - Pair Windscreen Wipers: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Cant ask for more at that price.
i brought ones like that but couldnt get them to cling to the screen all the way along.

the bosch ones are expensive but the clip that fits on is very secure whereas the cheap wipers are a little dodgy

also they cling on perfectally

its like the spine on the cheap wipers is actually too strong so they cant flex enough

·
5,863 Posts
A good winter tip put a light smear of vaseline on the door rubbers/seals stop them freezing to the doors :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
top tip windy - will do this weekend - next week is forecast to be exceptionally chilly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts