Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

2 days ago I flashed my main beam (dont think its related, just the sequence that seemed to start all this) and at that point the wipers came on and now will not stop. They are on like the intermittent cycle.
When I unlock car using fob as key wont do so (dont know why) the wipers go straight into action (yes this before I have put key in ignition) I can remove key, lock doors and the wipers are still active until i pull the fuse (even after 30 mins have past)
I have scanned with Diagbox and it just says communication error with wipers.
It is quite frankly doing my head in as I also look an idiot driving in sunshine with my wipers going. Need it sorted quite soon as MOT is due in 2 weeks.

Hoping this is something simple and idiotic Ive done lol. Or do I replace fusebox as relays are on integrated fuse circuit board (thinking dodgy relay)

Cheers Guys, have got a couple of fuse boxes lined up on the E that is Bay just in case
Any help will be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
It probably is the fusebox have seen it in the past

The relay in the fusebox is switching things OFF when working normally so your relay is not switching off hence the wipers keep going !!

They switch the opposite way to what you would expect its a rather strange setup.

Basically what is happening is that when you unlock the car the BSI wakes then sends power to the underbonnet fusebox thus wipers start going !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it makes sense reliable, after going through everything physically and with Diag & PP, the only thing remotely close is that it cannot communicate with the wipers. So I was kinda thinking the fuse box/ relay combo may be the culprit.
So when I remove key and lock up the faulty relay is keeping circuit open thus perm operating wipers.
Why only on intermittant tho. Wiper stalk does not work, as in will not operate auto/manual (even tho screen says it is) or fast speed. It will operate washer tho.

I love my peugeot but by god its .. wierd lol :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
You got hid lights?

3 possibilities here.

Knackered fusebox

Knackered wiper motors usually from fitting hid lights.

Fit/replace lin transceivers on the wiper motors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CAB, you just made me realise that yes I fitted HID lights to both head & main beam a few days ago.
Now Im confused as to how they are related?

Please explain?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just searched lin transceivers on the wiper motors and all became very very clear. So start with those then hope it hasnt gone further than that, then fuse box, then ecu.

These suppliers should know and warn about the possible side effects on certain cars, thus not making them "universal"

Any prefs as to where I can get these from??

C

·
0 Posts
Are you a member of 407owners.com as there's loads of similar cases and discussion and fixes. Think rs components was mentions for parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got hid lights?

3 possibilities here.

Knackered fusebox

Knackered wiper motors usually from fitting hid lights.

Fit/replace lin transceivers on the wiper motors.
Will replacing lin transceivers mean I can keep the HID lights, or do I have to make changes in order to keep them?

Cheers CAB much apprieciated

C

·
0 Posts
With a very quick read of 407owners it seems most ditch the lights, but there is mention of an additional wiring harness with a feed directly off the battery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
Have removed HID's. Have no lights connected.
Replaced wiper motors with a pair from local used car parts yard.
Wipers still doing exactly same.

If i can get a fuse board can I just do a straight swap or is it coded to car?

Clutching at straws, getting close to giving up

·
Registered
4 Posts
wipers always on

Just got the same problem: my wipers run always and can't stop. I have HID lights (may cause this problem to the motor) but have to ask something; What is the solution for the problem? I may repair the motor (TJA1020 chip soldering etc) but what I have to do to avoid same problem in the future? any filter to avoid signals from HID maybe??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wiper moters and BSM module fried due to HID lamps

I have had the same problem - twice!!

I changed to un-original HID lamps that by the way worked great, but suddently one day, the wipers was starting as soon as the power was on - and would first stop after 3 min after powering off the car.

Problem was intermediately solved by removing the fuse (#12).

I then seached the net and found here that problem could be related to the LIN drivers in the wiper motor. See this thread: 'Wipers during Unlocking', post #30

Changing the TJA1020 LIN driver chip in the Slave wiper motor (right side of car) solved the problem, and wipers then worked well again.
I replaced the TJA1020 chip with the newer TJA1021, and this was a fairly straight forward job if you know how to use a soldering equipment aand surface mounted components.

I then replaced the HID lamps, and car worked well for 8 month - then the problem occured again one morning when I turned ON the light - wipers again starts running every 4 sec!!

Again, I replaced the LIN drivers in the wipers - but this time it did not do the trick :(

For some time I then 'solved' the problem by adding a relay to the power for the wipers (via fuse #12) remotely - and I have lived with this for nearly a year.
But if then decided to get it fixed - and via a Polish homepage elektroda.pl did I find a thread that also included some information on replacing the LIN driver in the engine fuse box (BSM).

Replacing the LIN drivers in the wiper motores was not that bad (I'm a electronic engineeer), but replacing the LIN driver in the fuse box was a nightmare!!
1) after removing the fuse box, I had to cut the the box open using a sharp knive - but being VERY careful not to cut to deep as this could damage the print and components.
2) The processor board need to be removed from the assepmbly. This requires that all the interconnections must be unsoldere. This require both good skills and good equipment. Especially the 18 connections near the ground plate was VERY tricky as the heat disapears on the ground plane. I had to use high temperature (450 degC) to make it work - but far from easy!!

After replacing the TJA1020 chip (again with a TJA1021), the board then have to be soldered again, then the box have to be glued (and sealed).

BUT - SUCCESS - the vipers was then working agian :lol:

I have since then got rid of the HID lamps - live with the light I get from the standard halogin bulb!!

I have taken several pictures of the work - write to me if you need any of these.

·
Registered
791 Posts
LIN networks connect all the non-critical systems in the car, rather than running hundreds of wires everywhere. It's a very simple bus system consisting of just one wire. If you introduce voltage spikes on that wire, that voltage spike can go anywhere into the system, including the master LIN controller.. which I suspect is in the BSM/BSI and take out any controller.... but car manufacturers won't use the same controller everywhere, so it will take out the most sensitive first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts