Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my front windshield wipers on my Peugeot 307 will not stop going. When I turn on the car, they start going at max speed I think and will not turn off. I have tried changing the motor and the fuse but this has not helped.

· Registered
1,866 Posts
The windscreen wipers on the original and facelift version of the 307 get their power from the engine compartment fuse box. You could have a bad earth connection (MC10) or a faulty fuse box. I have attached location MC10 diagrams for both models. You should check the earth to make sure it clean and tight.

Attachments

· Registered
1,866 Posts
Could it be the relay, and if, where can i get it?
What is the year of manufacture of your car. The electrical systems in the the original and face lift versions of the 307 are quite different.

The relay that controls the windscreen wipers in the engine fuse box. Peugeot fuse box are usually sealed units so you have to replace the whole fuse box. The engine fuse box is controlled by the BSI. Most peugeot fuse boxes have a microprocessor inside so something like a bad earth can cause them to do strange things.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the year of manufacture of your car. The electrical systems in the the original and face lift versions of the 307 are quite different.

The relay that controls the windscreen wipers in the engine fuse box. Peugeot fuse box are usually sealed units so you have to replace the whole fuse box. The engine fuse box is controlled by the BSI. Most peugeot fuse boxes have a microprocessor inside so something like a bad earth can cause them to do strange things.
Hello, it is from 2002.

· Registered
1,866 Posts
Hello, it is from 2002.
That means your 307 is the original model. I looked at the wiring diagrams for your car. The wipers not turning off could be explained by a short circuit in the connection (wire 5265) between the engine fuse box and the BSI but if that were the case you would still be able to change the wiper speed. Therefore, I suspect the wiper switch is faulty, unfortunately it is part of the communications unit (steering wheel controls). I have attached a parts list. The fault could be in the BSI but if all other functions- radio, lights, horn electric windows, central locking are working the BSI is likely to be okay but you could try a BSI reset see https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61997

If you want to look at the wiring yourself I have attached two wiring diagrams. One shows the wiper motor control circuit and the other is the engine fuse box (EM34). The block labeled EM34 in the wiper motor control circuit is over simplified it shows only one relay whereas if you look at the full diagram for EM34 you can see there are two relays R7 and R6. R7 turns the wipers OFF and ON and R6 selects the speed.

Key to blocks
EM34 is the engine fuse box
BSI1 is The Builtin System Interface (dashboard fuse box)
5015 is the wiper motor
Wire 501 is the high speed output
Wire 500 is the low speed output
Wire 503 engine fixed stop command (I think this a wiper motor limit switch monitor)
Wire 5265 Turns the front wiper OFF and ON

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That means your 307 is the original model. I looked at the wiring diagrams for your car. The wipers not turning off could be explained by a short circuit in the connection (wire 5265) between the engine fuse box and the BSI but if that were the case you would still be able to change the wiper speed. Therefore, I suspect the wiper switch is faulty, unfortunately it is part of the communications unit (steering wheel controls). I have attached a parts list. The fault could be in the BSI but if all other functions- radio, lights, horn electric windows, central locking are working the BSI is likely to be okay but you could try a BSI reset see https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61997

If you want to look at the wiring yourself I have attached two wiring diagrams. One shows the wiper motor control circuit and the other is the engine fuse box (EM34). The block labeled EM34 in the wiper motor control circuit is over simplified it shows only one relay whereas if you look at the full diagram for EM34 you can see there are two relays R7 and R6. R7 turns the wipers OFF and ON and R6 selects the speed.

Key to blocks
EM34 is the engine fuse box
BSI1 is The Builtin System Interface (dashboard fuse box)
5015 is the wiper motor
Wire 501 is the high speed output
Wire 500 is the low speed output
Wire 503 engine fixed stop command (I think this a wiper motor limit switch monitor)
Wire 5265 Turns the front wiper OFF and ON
Thank you so much, I will try:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts