Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking about my Dad's car as he's not very internet savvy, so some of the details here might not be absolutely accurate as it's second hand from his recollection:

He got out of the car at home today after a short journey and went into the house. About 5 minutes later he came back out and saw that the window wipers were going and the headlights were on, but he hadn't switched either on in the car. He tried to start the car but it wouldn't start. A little while later the car started OK and both wipers and lights were off again.

He's phoned the garage and it's booked in for Friday but we're hoping for a bit of advice if this is a known fault or there might be something for the garage to go on when they get it on Friday.

I'm thinking there might not be a fault code stored as it has only happened once and seems to have reset itself.

He doesn't want to take any chances in case the fault returns as he relies on the car to pick his grandson up from school each day.

Any help gratefully received

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
My cousin had similar issues caused by water in a fuse box. Maybe worth a look?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He took it in today and they couldn't find anything. I'll have good look around the fusebox etc and check the seals and maybe also the battery connections. Could just be a one off glitch I suppose but worth a wee bitt of maintenance anyway just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts