Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More electrical woes with my family bus!

Wipers on fast - works (won't return to rest position when switched off)
Wipers on normal - works (won't return to rest position when switched off)
Wipers on intermittent - doesn't work
Quick single wipe - works (won't return to rest position when switched off)
Windows wash - sprays but no wipers

This problem persists 99% of the time. But if I leave the stick in the intermittent position it will randomly start working every now and again.

I have learnt to live with this but I'm pretty sure it's a black mark on the MOT?

Could this be the wiper relay? If so where is the relay and where could I get a new one from?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
possibly a comm2000 unit fault. (the bit where the stalk goes into). this controls the wipers and other stuff connected to it. about £70 new, but price does vary on features such as auto wipers, auto lights etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
possibly a comm2000 unit fault. (the bit where the stalk goes into). this controls the wipers and other stuff connected to it. about £70 new, but price does vary on features such as auto wipers, auto lights etc.
Thanks - I was worried someone might say that! I've seen relays mentioned on other forums but not sure if they are "built in" to the comm2000 unit on the 806.

Looked on EuroCarParts and they only offer 1 relay for an 806 but doesn't say what's it's for. I am guessing these are universal - as in any relay will do?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wiper relay R7 is built in to the engine fusebox fed by fuse 17, can't see it will be the problem as the wipers work. Defective Coms unit is possible, I think I would check the connections to the wiper motor first especially the earth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wiper relay R7 is built in to the engine fusebox fed by fuse 17, can't see it will be the problem as the wipers work. Defective Coms unit is possible, I think I would check the connections to the wiper motor first especially the earth.
sorry to sound stupic but how do i go about doing that..im not great with cars so dont wanna do anything major

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I can't fathom out how the wiper is operated from the engine fusebox diagram, there are actually 2 interconnected relays (R7 & R8) that feed the wipers with two feeds from the Coms unit, what is odd is how one the high amp supplies from one of the relays is earthed. I would start by checking the multi plug into the wiper motor is secure, maybe carefully pull it off and put it back but find out how to release the plug first, you don't want to break it. If that doesn't help I would get the wipers going, switch them off then check if one of the wires feeding the motor has 12 volts as the motor needs a live feed when switched off to enable it to park. If none of the wires have 12 volts then it looks like a problem with the Comms if one is live then it is likely to be the motor. An auto electrician should be able to sort it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wiper problem

I have an 806 with exactly the same symptoms, I have replaced the front motor, same, I have replaced the wiper arm stalk same problem, I have also replaced the rear wiper motor and relay, same, so I have no idea why they don't work, I am not to sure what the comm2000 is any takers? ta, Dave

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I have an 806 with exactly the same symptoms, I have replaced the front motor, same, I have replaced the wiper arm stalk same problem, I have also replaced the rear wiper motor and relay, same, so I have no idea why they don't work, I am not to sure what the comm2000 is any takers? ta, Dave
comm 2000 is the indicators and wiper stalk on the steering wheel, to be honest I cant see it being the comms unit but if you got the comms unit to me then I am more than happy to test as I fix them units

·
Registered
2 Posts
wipers

Ok, we could try but to have 2 faulty I would have thought unlucky, would the wiper delay relay cause these faults? its not unlive withable just annoying,
cheers, Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
806 wiper problem - solved

I had exactly the same problem - intermittent wipe didn't work and the wipers didn't park. The reason for both problems was the wiper relay. It's a blue relay with 6 contacts, hidden by the carpet above the brake pedal. Bought one on ebay for £19.99 (part nr. 6555EL) and it now works fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts