Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving a 308GT 2015 model. The ACC is working intermittently i. e. Sometimes it will slow from the set speed to take in to account cars in front, sometimes it won't with alarming results. I'm also getting orange engine fault light at different times for a few seconds.
Snows Peugeot have run a full diagnostics and come up with the answer... Wiper motor needs replacing (missing diode)
Anyone come across this one before?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have said the wiper motor is apparently sending faults to the active cruise control that is standard on 2.0 GT Auto diesels.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The wiper motor is not sending faults to the ACC it is sending interference down the can network and the cruise control being very sensitive is being affected the most.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No but the diagnosis does sound plausible everything on the car is connected on a network and a problem with 1 part can easily affect other parts.

For example when people retrofit HID conversions to 407s it will kill the wiper motors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's particularly frustrating because my dealer ordered a replacement but was told by the tech note on the diagnosis to check for a "stamp" on the part to ensure it is different to the part fitted when delivered. It's the same part number for active and non active but has a specific stamp on it....guess what, it took 2 weeks for delivery and didn't have the right stamp on it. i. e. presumably with diode fitted. It's now been sent back today but this could go for.... Years?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, a new wiper motor made no difference. ACC still intermittent and had the Peugeot mechanic out for a test drive with me who agrees.
Volume to speakers lost a couple of times and frequent engine warning lights continue. Occasionally resulting in limp home mode.
Sometimes I get the message "system inactive, speed unsuitable" which stops both LIMIT And ACC from being used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No volume at all to speakers. I assume it's not a radio problem only as there was no bluetooth phone volume either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is or how do I involve Peugeot Technical. Peugeot Customer services H.O. point blank refused to get involved.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Tricky, Google is of no help, partly because the fault is probably not widespread. If the car is out of warranty, you will struggle to get Peugeot interested. You will probably have to fix it yourself, have you tried disconnecting the wiper motor and seeing if there is any improvement? You could also add an extra earth to the wiper body to see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What is or how do I involve Peugeot Technical. Peugeot Customer services H.O. point blank refused to get involved.
I had lots of issues with my wiper motor, I had my wiper motor replaced twice. It would wipe on its randomly and sometimes I couldn't switch it off!!

At six months old I had lots of issues with ACC. It would just disable itself randomly and tell me AEB had failed! Peugeot didn't know what to do as the GT had AEB as standard and in 2015 not many GTs existed - especially with my mileage. It was recalibrated then I had a car accident and it tooks months to sort but at the Ford garage (Fleet car insurance) where it was repaired, they called out Peugeot to recalibrate the ACC/AEB. You have to drive at a set speed with a vehicle in front also at same set speed with a certain distance for a set distance!!!

A technician sits in the car to start the calibration sequence. It cost £500 to sort out (paid for by insurance). But I had it in the garage for many weeks after on and off. The wiper fault started sometime after. I thought the rear end shunt caused the wiper issue (as the rear earth maybe bad after my repair - my chassis was straightened).

After the 2nd wiper motor issue has gone away and no ACC/AEB issues.
So its interesting reading about you having same issue. Mine has 68k miles and four years old today!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still no further forward. High pressure fuel valve now replaced (latest suggestion from diag.) but still ACC not working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts