Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my nackered wiper blades (307 SW 2.0Hdi 2006) they are the new "easy fitment" type.

I have had a look around on the net and mostly every where I look say they should be 28" Passenger Side and a 26" Driver side.

I checked on my existing wipers and the seem to be both 26", Is this just because who ever had the car before fitted the wrong sized blades?
They do tend to be "over active" in auto mode could this be why?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would imagine the previous owner replaced them as a pair. but i have heard that its drivers side 26 and passenger 28..if u look on ebay they come in pairs and it does state in the listing 26 passenger and 28 drivers...hope this helps :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would say so, as it's the passenger side that clears the sensor, and that is the 28" one. A 26" may not clear it fully, or at all. Get the 28/26 pack.
In saying that, I have had a few cars with auto wipers, now, and all seemed to act weird in some way. The sensitivity always seems to change on its own.:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh thanks for the quick replys, I think I will go for the 28/26 combo...

side note:
My 306 Auto Wipers were almost perfect, only failing when the screen was dirty (when the water jets were working that was easy to fix) or when the blades were nackered.

Auto wipers one a 1998 306, JOY, they were one of the reasons I decided to stick with pug's and the fact that after 10 years of me driving it, it pritty much sailed through every MOT for less then £150 apart from the last year £400 shocker =)

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was thinking of putting a set of the new piaa flat blades on but they only go up to 26 inch blade. I dont have auto wipers on my 307 hatch. Should I get two piaa 26 inch or just stick with getting valeo 26/28 like last time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of putting a set of the new piaa flat blades on but they only go up to 26 inch blade. I dont have auto wipers on my 307 hatch. Should I get two piaa 26 inch or just stick with getting valeo 26/28 like last time.
Well the Two 26's on mine seem to do a good job at clearing the screen, No idea if the SW has a different screen though.

Seems the auto wipers do need the 28/26 combo though but Ill see what happens when i get them on. I am hoping the auto wiper problem i'm having go away =)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i tend to go to unipart and pick up a set pretty cheap...they gave me a flat blade upgrade kit for my car last time and i have noticed a massive difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts