Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be attempting to change the wiper motors on my 407 this weekend seen as the weathers supposed to warm up. Anyway on the motor removal guide on 407 owners it mentions using a special tool to remove arms, do you need this or do they come off quite easily?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Depends to be fair.

I have done them on my 307 and the rear one is a tricky character. I used a puller and spanner and it came off a treat with WD40 assistance

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I suppose it's the front ones.

I don't have a puller, and I got one off and one ended up broken when I needed to remove them from my dads car. It was corroded really bad to the wiper motor splines, so I had to hit it with the hammer, at the same time as I was pulling and twisting it all over the place.

So if there's a kind of puller that can be obtained easily that might be a good idea. But you'll find out if they are stuck or not if you just try to remove them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The front ones can be hard too indeed.

It is one of my worst dreaded jobs on cars that haven't seen a wiper arm replacement for a long time.... they get seized and rusted making it so difficult to get off working near a glass screeen!

Here is the puller I used;

Wiper Arm Puller Heavy-Duty Sealey VS807: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Or a cheaper one;

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neilsen-Wiper-Arm-Removal-Tool/dp/B009YEVLVK/ref=sr_1_3?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1358979619&sr=1-3[/ame]

Hope that helps. An essential item in my car toolbox... perfect for other uses too

·
Registered
119 Posts
The front ones can be hard too indeed.

It is one of my worst dreaded jobs on cars that haven't seen a wiper arm replacement for a long time.... they get seized and rusted making it so difficult to get off working near a glass screeen!

Here is the puller I used;

Wiper Arm Puller Heavy-Duty Sealey VS807: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Or a cheaper one;

Wiper Arm Removal Tool: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Hope that helps. An essential item in my car toolbox... perfect for other uses too
have to say if you get one, get one like the first one it is very good, second one is crap

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well ive just spent an hour on this and the wipers arnt going anywhere!!!! Cars off in to have a rear drop link replaced later so ill ask my mech to have a look

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had to use so much force it was quite insane. Continously hitting with a sledgehammer onto the arm close to shaft at the same time as the wiper arm was forced in both directions to try to get it loose.

Was really afraid of mashing the windscreen with the sledgehammer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts