Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just bought 508sw but the wing mirrors closing each time you lock and open the car just doing my head in.
Is there a way to get them disabled and only use with the switch from inside?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Why does it "do your head in" then?
It stops idiot people from crashing into them. At £300 a piece I'd rather have them fold away.

I'm pretty sure this feature can be turned off within the planet settings.

Grumpy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grumpy

Thanks for your reply and the advice on the issue. And to answer your question on why does it do my head in is because I'd like to have a choice of when to use this funcion. When I'm parked on my drive I don't want them folded down really.

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, i think you can configure in the dashboard menu.
To acess the menu, with car on or engine running, but car parked, it have to be really stopped, just in the scroll bottom of let side near volume plus minus keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi, i think you can configure in the dashboard menu.
To acess the menu, with car on or engine running, but car parked, it have to be really stopped, just in the scroll bottom of let side near volume plus minus keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to my knowledge, I've never seen it there!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Grumpy

Thanks for your reply and the advice on the issue. And to answer your question on why does it do my head in is because I'd like to have a choice of when to use this funcion. When I'm parked on my drive I don't want them folded down really.

Cheers
I like the folding mirrors. It's an easy way to check the car is locked whether in a car park or at home. Every night before my trouble and strife puts me in my cage I look outside and I can see strait away if it's locked.;)

Grumpy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grumpy

I think You've got a point there. But how long will the wing motor last? No one really knows.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Grumpy

I think You've got a point there. But how long will the wing motor last? No one really knows.
Lets put it this way, I've had 508s, 407s & 807s, I still got 2 508s and a Traveller that all have the feature. We have done well over a million miles in them and all the associated lock and unlocks. To date I've not had one fail. The mirrors are supposed to do what they do so stop worrying:rolleyes:

Grumpy

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
I too dislike the feature BUT it will not wear out the motors i have had 10 year old peugeots still folding and unfolding fine you can change the settings but im pretty sure only with planet/diagbox newer stuff possibly has the option in the menu if you have the patience :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts