Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked at changing their wing mirror covers. The wife's GT has chrome covers and given its pearl white with a black roof would prefer they were black or even carbon. It just looks a bit odd with chrome to me.

Hoping they will just unclip using some panel removal tools and then will order some replacements from somewhere...unless some wants to swap their black one for some shiney chrome ones :nono::nod::nono::nod:

·
Registered
509 Posts
That is one thing I wish Peugeot had done with the GT and gone with a more aggressive appearance of black trim rather than the Lux appearance of chrome and it's one thing I find they have got a little wrong on the whole car by having painted panels, plastic trim, chrome trim and stainless steel look all on one car. It's a bit too much for me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sparkly black

That is one thing I wish Peugeot had done with the GT and gone with a more aggressive appearance of black trim rather than the Lux appearance of chrome and it's one thing I find they have got a little wrong on the whole car by having painted panels, plastic trim, chrome trim and stainless steel look all on one car. It's a bit too much for me.

Has anyone noticed the sparkly black of the plastic down each side of the windscreen ?? :lol:

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Has anyone looked at changing their wing mirror covers. The wife's GT has chrome covers and given its pearl white with a black roof would prefer they were black or even carbon. It just looks a bit odd with chrome to me.

Hoping they will just unclip using some panel removal tools and then will order some replacements from somewhere...unless some wants to swap their black one for some shiney chrome ones :nono::nod::nono::nod:
You could just get the mirror covers wrapped. It would be a lot cheaper and you can then revert to chrome later, perhaps when you sell the car?

·
Registered
158 Posts

I know people who have paid big money to equip their cars with the chrome mirror covers. Pretty sure you could find someone to do the exchange you want... Installation is simple I have understood.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

I understood from the advertised details, the chrome replacements clip over the original shells. Why not buy some chrome replacements and spray or have them sprayed black?

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wrapping the chrome trim is definitely something I'll be considering when the car arrives. I'll see how I get on with it for a few weeks first though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well ..I decided to get some mirror covers from our chinese friends as I don't have anywhere local that does wrapping and these were cheap enough and just stick on carbon effect but I'm quite happy with them and means I don't have to look at them big lumps of chrome anymore....

before and after pictures attached...

let the voting begin :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They look great, especially against the white bodywork. Is that a carbon fibre finish or just how the photo has picked up reflections? :thumb:

I think with the 4008 (slightly longer version of the 3008) in China, there are a huge amount of half decent accessories to glam up or down any number of parts of our cars. We're quite lucky really that these parts are so readily available.

As someone else mentioned, the mirrors on the 3008 are excellent for visibility. Personally I like the standard fit chrome against the Sunset copper on my 3008, but can totally understand the change.

I dread to think how much the original chrome part is from Peugeot. The other day I was forced into a tight situation with a lorry and hedges, and I was getting concerned about damaging the mirrors and a huge great bill!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They look great in that finish.

The official Peugeot chrome mirror caps are a mere £81.40 each side, whereas the plain mirror caps (to be painted) are £9.98 and £7.34 each! Probably an arm and a leg in labour as well.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Peugeot Servicebox. This gives access to a huge amount of stuff, some chargeable, but quite a lot not.

Free access to the whole parts system, for any Peugeot model pretty much produced.

You can filter and look at your own VIN (which will only show the actual parts fitted to your specific car), or alternatively, look at the whole P84 3008 range by engine type, which then offers you all the parts diagrams, part codes and prices. You add them to your basket and you can then see the basket prices quite easily, which are the dealer UK prices.

I've been using service.citroen.com for years, which is identical.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Isn't life strange! Some Allure owners are buying and fitting chrome parts to mimic the GT / GT Line and here we have a GT owner who is going in opposite direction.

I can see why you have done it exsandman it looks great with the pearl white.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.