Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all..sorry for 2 threads in quick succession but how difficult is it to get the rear wing mirror cover off a 308cc as i want to get access to the motor that folds the mirror in and don't want to damage the cover...once again any help appreciated

·
Registered
101 Posts
I gotta ask why? The motor is inside the stem you cannot get to it.
if its stuck try to rest it from the Left/Right switch in the door console pull it towards you a few times. If you hit this by accident it will override the Fob.

to remove the cover start at the base:
1. remove the indicator cover with pry tool
2. take out the 13mm bolt holding the mirror to the door, hold the mirror out as far as the wire will let you without pulling too hard and flip the mirror over, be carful not to scratch anything
3.remove back cover of indicator ( step 2 can be avoided but you will have trouble re-assembling the rear cover due to the grommet hard up against the door panel
4. from the bottom of the rear mirror cover use the pry tool to flip the cover off

Re-assembly is easy but start from the top to replace the painted cover mke sure its snapped in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks for your reply..my mirror had been hit and was hanging off so wanted to see if i could get to the motor and it seemed to have broken away.
i bought a complete replacement in the end but thanks for youhelp....much appreciated

I gotta ask why? The motor is inside the stem you cannot get to it.
if its stuck try to rest it from the Left/Right switch in the door console pull it towards you a few times. If you hit this by accident it will override the Fob.

to remove the cover start at the base:
1. remove the indicator cover with pry tool
2. take out the 13mm bolt holding the mirror to the door, hold the mirror out as far as the wire will let you without pulling too hard and flip the mirror over, be carful not to scratch anything
3.remove back cover of indicator ( step 2 can be avoided but you will have trouble re-assembling the rear cover due to the grommet hard up against the door panel
4. from the bottom of the rear mirror cover use the pry tool to flip the cover off

Re-assembly is easy but start from the top to replace the painted cover mke sure its snapped in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts