Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video of what happens when turn on my 508 sw 2012.
I'm also unable to turn off the windshield wipers

This problem comes 1 a year and disappears by it self. Usually it starts when it rains.
I suspect it has something to do with low voltage so I plugged a trickle charger in to the car and left it for 12h

Does anybody have any advice please?

·
4,029 Posts
Hi...does the car start and run.....what is the battery voltage after charging?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Hasnt this been mentioned before with this era of 508 when one of the front wiper motors goes faulty?

Wipers wont switch off & various errors messages appear on dash.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not Cheap but you will have to replace both motors...make sure your water drain ducts below the scuttle panel under windscreen are clear as water backs up and makes its way into the wiper motors...(y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to an Indy shop and they told me the motors are working fine.
They think it's the windshield wiper lever inside the car that's faulty.The reason being that when I pull the lever against me , the washer fluid pump doesn't activate, and the airbag symbol on the dashboard could be due to faulty electrical wiring inside the steering wheel.

We're going to try this out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After having replaced both wiper motors (front) the problem still remains.
will take the car to a Peugeot dealer to get all the fault codes scanned.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yep, get the car scanned for codes using dealer tools. I suspect water is getting in somewhere and there will be a network fault on the canlines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks.
It has now been quite sunny and dry for two weeks. So my hope was that the water should have dissipated by now.
But I do agree on that whenever there's plenty of rain, this fault usually shows up and goes away by itself. I have vacuumed all the leaves and shrubs from beneath the windshield wipers and I've asked the mechanics to drill two holes in the plastic to further drain the water away .

As soon as the car is back from the Peugeot dealer, I will have more info on this problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello, yes. I took the car to Peugeot who told me that there's two problems. One is a software patch that triggers the airbag light. That cost 80 euros to fix.
The other one is water leaking in to the wiper motors. To the point where they short circuit
That cost 300+100 euros to replace. 1 wiper costs 150

I also had my mechanic drill some holes in the plastic beneath the wipers so that rain water is drained much faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
</s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s>
[QUOTE = "nordic508sw, post: 2302303, medlem: 471268"]
hei, ja. Jeg tok bilen til Peugeot som fortalte meg at det er to problemer. Den ene er en programvareoppdatering som utløser kollisjonsputelampen. Det kostet 80 euro å fikse.
Den andre er vann som lekker inn i viskermotorene. Til det punktet hvor de kortslutter
Det kostet 300 + 100 euro å erstatte. 1 visker koster 150

Jeg fikk også mekanikeren til å bore noen hull i plasten under viskerne, slik at regnvann dreneres mye raskere.
[/SITAT]
[QUOTE = "nordic508sw, post: 2302303, medlem: 471268"]
hei, ja. Jeg tok bilen til Peugeot som fortalte meg at det er to problemer. Den ene er en programvareoppdatering som utløser kollisjonsputelampen. Det kostet 80 euro å fikse.
Den andre er vann som lekker inn i viskermotorene. Til det punktet hvor de kortslutter
Det kostet 300 + 100 euro å erstatte. 1 visker koster 150

Jeg fikk også mekanikeren til å bore noen hull i plasten under viskerne, slik at regnvann dreneres mye raskere.
[/SITAT] is it okay now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts